is new and would like help and incouragement

Options
im feeling so overwhelmed coz i have so much weight to lose :ohwell:

Replies

• emma_reed123
    Options
    Hey there, I to have a load of weight to shift, I am doing it in 2 stages so it doesnt look so overwhelming when I look at the ticker. this site is great, just stick at it...it takes a month for your body to take on a new habit, so soon itll be second nature...good luck!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just remember. We did not gain it over night and we can't loose it over night. Taking it off slow is the best and safest way for us. When I started a few years ago I weight 365 lbs. Lost 70 then got lazy and got off the program. Gained 20 lbs back before I woke up and got back on track.

If you eat healthy and live healthy, the weight wil take care of it's self. And reember, you are not alone out there.
  • im feeling so overwhelmed coz i have so much weight to lose :ohwell:

Don't be overwhelmed Bel, you can do it! We're here to help you all the way and this website is great motivation x
  • otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Go to popular blog posts and read Good Grief I felt this way all the time!!! It is very inspiring! As I have told someone else...don't focus on the weight, give yourself little goals to reach that are not related to weight but to changing your lifestyle...the weight will fall off. Goals such as logging in ALL your calories...don't worry about over under right away, drinking all your water, trying a new healthy food, walking 15 minutes, then 20, etc. Just give yourself a certain number of days you will stick to these mini goals such as "for one week, I will record all my calories...no exceptions" or "for one week, I will drink all my water, every day, no matter what". You have got to start feeling good about yourself, and about what you are doing...this site is about lifestyle change, and you will have the tools and support you need...a lot of people are or have been where you are...you can do it!!!
  • marykeblom
    Options
    Awww, I hear you loud and clear. You know you should go check out this blog, it's a friend of mine.
    http://bigbeautifulwhatever.blogspot.com/

I have quite a bit to lose too, You have to think of your family and the people that love you. Do you love them enough to drop this weight? They need you to be around for them, and if we're overweight we might not live long enough to share in those moments in life that we need. Bel this is not a easy road but when we've made it we can honestly say we have achieved something great.

Can you imagine how healthy we're going to feel? How easy it will be to breathe, to not snore (i have chronic rhinitis cos of the weight, it's causing bad sleep disturbances) Can you imagine what it will be like to wear that nice pretty outfit you could never wear before? Can you imagine buying sexy undies instead of having to buy those horrible massive bra's??? I can't wait to drop all that weight so i can buy sexy undies!!!!

You know what I'd love to see? My face without my triple chin!! Looking good on a photo i really can't wait to drop this weight and to feel healthy again!

So chin up love...I'm rooting for you. Go read my friends blog, she's my inspiration. Maybe you'll be able to find someone that you can relate too?

Good Luck! I'm on the sideline here cheering you on!
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    im feeling so overwhelmed coz i have so much weight to lose :ohwell:

I know what you mean - and if I was to think about the total amount that I have to lose, I'd never get through it (around 56 to 63 pounds). But I am looking at it in 7lb chunks and setting a target of losing 4 to 5lbs a month. That is something that is manageable and much less daunting. That way you can take it one month and a little chunk of weight at a time.

C
  • bel74
    bel74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for all your kind words of support,im feeling like i can do this as i know im not alone and theres always going to be someone on here offering advise or a kind word to keep me motivated :happy:
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    Don't look at it as a big diet that you are going to work your butt off for look at it as a healthy life style change. You are going to do great and you will feel a whole lot better about it Do like I did at first don't drop it all together just add everything then cut back little at a time on how much you eat then you will soon be under calorie goal and you will start dropping weight! No it isn't going to be fast or a quick fix but it is SOOO worth it I have only been at this a little over a month and I have lost 15lbs!
  • bel74
    bel74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    15lbs in just over a month is amazing