Confused: Better body, same body

Options
OK - so I'm feeling GOOD right now. Through (fairly) sensible diet and a good mix of regular exercise (cardio and strength) I feel like my body is looking leaner and my clothes fit better. I'm getting comments from friends complementing me on how trim I look too.

HOWEVER, I've lost only about half a pound since re-joining MFP and my body fat % is the same (according to my Tanita scales - I weigh myself the same time every morning).

Why do I look better? I might understand the "replacing fat with muscle" argument but I would have thought my BF would start moving down to reflect this, but it isn't. It isn't adding up.

Hey look - I'm not complaining, but I'm interested to know whether others have experienced this and if anyone has suggestions/explanations for what might be going on. Thanks!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you are carrying yourself differently? smiling more???

You don't replace fat with muscle nor build muscle while on a deficet (typcially)
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You know what - yours is a simple suggestion - but maybe it really IS that simple. If it is - fine with me! I'm healthy and enjoying keeping fit, so maybe that does show in ways other than on the scale. (and yes, good point re: muscle and deficit).

Thanks for replying. :smile: