Bloated PMSing

Options
I've got the worst PMS not the emotional end of things. It's the exhausted unmotivated just want to loaf on the sofa and I want to eat everything in sight especially chocolate PMS. Plus I'm so bloated my size 8's feel like a zero. I'm getting frustrated because I want some chocolate but I know if I give in and eat just one piece of chocolate I'll end up eating the entire bag. Plus I'm tired and the last thing I want to do is exercise not even yoga. Any helpful suggestions? Someone suggested Ginseng for energy. Yeah or nay to Ginseng? Thanks!

Replies

• 4MissRose
    Options
    Put on you PJ and go curl up on the couch and watch tv. Then, when you feel up up for it, get dressed and go to the store and get one chocolate bar, your favorite one, but just one, and go home. Go back to the couch, eat your chocolate. If necessary, take a nap. Have a "me" day, it won't kill you, and tomorrow is another day. You don't have to beat yourself up with a stick to work on your goals, it's ok to take a break when you need it. Good luck today sweetie.:flowerforyou:
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I agree with 4MissRose. That time of the month is hard for a lot of women and sometimes you really just can't. Maybe take a leisurely stroll down the road to see if you perk up any, but don't force it. If your body is seriously screaming for you to stop for a day, listen to it, and start up again tomorrow.
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to hormonal bloating/water weight gain. What I've found helpful is to include more foods like celery, melon and cucumbers into my diet, especially around PMS time, as well as being mindful of how much salt I eat (I really crave salts and fats when I have my monthly). I also ramp up my fibre intake as it helps flush out excess hormones that would otherwise sit in your bowel after being metabolized in your liver by making your GI system work a bit more. And granted, upping my water intake a bit. While I have yet to find anything that banishes bloat completely, these are a few things that make a bit of difference for me. Just be kind to yourself, wear something comfy, treat yourself to a bit of chocolate and know the worst of it will pass in a day or so.
  • Lisafromtheburgh
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I forced myself to go on a leisurely walk through the snow with my hubby that felt good. On the way home I got a bag of dark chocolate hearts ate a couple and told my husband to put them out of site. I'm still bloated but I feel much better. It was so cold but invigorating.