NEW! Anyone else doing C25K for weight loss?

Options
Hello,
I'm completely new so please bear with me.
I've recently started running to try and lose some weight. I didn't do any exercise before, but have done countless diets always done ok then given up.
Today I start week 6 of couch 2 5K and since I started weighing myself 2 weeks ago I have lost 10lb (this won't show on my ticker because I only joined today).
I am doing other bits and bobs too (water aeorbics, walking, low impact aeorbics and swimming), but I have to fit that around my family.
I was just wondering if anyone else is doing c25k and if you have lost any weight? Or is there anyone who started with c25k and now running much further?
I have been watching what I eat, which will be made easier with this site :)
Gem

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I finished it last year and celebrated by running a 10K in October. My goal now is to run farther. Also running faster for shorter distances. Unfortunately the weather right now is making my training schedule a little light. Your welcome to send a friend request.
  • mummygemma7
    Options
    wow thats great! Thank you - I have just added you :)
    I know what you mean about the weather..I'm due a run tonight and its vile out there!
    I run very slow at the moment. I'll work on speed once I've got to 5K
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Best advice I was given about speed....

Worry about a fast 5K when you can run a slow 10K.

For beginner runners speed will come with distance. Only AFTER time and miles on miles on miles you will need to worry about training for speed a different way.
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A few years back I did c25k and then when I "graduated" I ran a 5k as my morning workout (with some weight lifting too) and just focused on getting faster rather than trying to increase my distance. I did get faster over the next few months, but the best part was that I ended up losing ~60lbs along the way, going from a size 12 to a 2.

I haven't been running much over the past 2 years and am now getting back into it and redoing c25k as I just signed up for a race with one of my friends. I'm currently in the middle of week 4 - maybe we can keep each other motivated? I'll send you a friend request!
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on Week 5. We actually have a little group, called Kick@$$ C25K Group or something like that. I'll send you a friend request, and if I figure out how to invite people to groups, I'll send you one to that, too!