Jeans for petite curvy ladies (through hip and thigh)

Options
Here is my problem. I'm 5'1 (and a 1/2) and I have a small waist but I have a round butt and heavier thighs. I cannot find jeans anywhere that fit my body! I have a decent pair of curvy levi's that fit well but are not super stylish. Whenever I go out, I wear dress pants because they fit me better. I just want to dress up with a pair of jeans and some cute heels. Any suggestions from people in similar situations? What brands work for you?

Replies

• NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You are me!

I'm 5 feet, 1.5 inches. Narrow waist. Large thighs and butt. Most of the time, I buy pants to fit my thighs comfortably and then have to wear a belt to make the waist fit. Ugh. But that's my life.

I do find that 'trouser style' jeans are absolute perfection. I had found a wonderful pair at Target a couple years ago. Seriously, they were my favorite item of clothing ever, fit me like they were custom made. They were even the right length!!! But sadly, I wore out the fabric between the thighs (as I always do). And happily, even without that problem, they are now a size too large, hee hee! And sadly, Target doesn't carry hat style anymore. I do have another similar pair that I think is Lee brand.

Anyway...look for jeans that say 'trouser style'. They tend to be cut like trousers (duh). They are curved around the hip and butt, and then nip inward at the waist. And the legs are a bit wider than regular jeans, and they just go straight down from the hip to the ankle, not tapered or flared. Very very flattering and comfortable.
  • amazed32
    Options
    I am in love with Jennifer Lopez brand jeans at Kohl's. They can be expensive but it's worth it!
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am heading to kohls today. I'll have t o check them out. I don't spend a lot on myself, but I am willing to if I can find something that fits!
    I am in love with Jennifer Lopez brand jeans at Kohl's. They can be expensive but it's worth it!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I also have the problem where pants will fit or be too big in the waist, and a little too tight in the hips/thighs. I'll have to try the Jennifer Lopez ones...

I love my Levi's 512s from Kohl's (bought online since my store doesn't always have all the sizes). They come in 'short', although they're still a little long for me (5' 3"). Kohl's Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda series are also pretty good.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    I've tried on the Gloria Vanderbilt's so many times. Ross Stores always have them, and they are very inexpensive at Ross. They always seem to be almost-but-not-quite-right for me. I think the crotch sags uncomfortably for me. Yet, I continue to try them on over and over, because I really want to like them.
  • reginachapman35
    reginachapman35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 3 pairs of PZI jeans. I took a chance and bought them online. For me they have enough stretch and style.
  • TingoAcias
    Options
    Try Target Denizen. I want to say fit 3 (Don't quote me on that) I'm right around 5'3 with short legs, large thighs, a bubble butt, and a small waist. They've always fit me really well, usually offer 4 or 5 different washes, they have a nice stretch, and my favorite part - they have a "short" length.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Options
    A lot of people object to them on principal, but I adore my Pajama Jeans. Seriously! They are so comfortable. The only bad thing is that they expect everyone to be 5'5". They only come in one length, and the cuffs don't stay rolled up. Oh well. Other than that, they are wonderfully comfortable if you're going for comfort and casual.