Low cal salad dressing?

Options
Ceasar dressing is my favourite but unfortunately its not the best. So I'm wondering what's a great low cal salad dressing? Mostly for spinach and romaine lettuce.

Replies

• shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Ken's Lite Creamy Caesar. 90 calories/2tbsp.

I like to mix the Caesar with a raspberry balsamic (Maple Grove Farms) or other fruity balsamic dressing to balance my love of fruity/creamy dressings :)
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    They make some really delicious, if not a bit expensive, Caesar vinigrettes that are lower calorie. Personally I stick to balsamic, but I really love it, I use it for salads, for marinading meats and for drizzling on avocados.
  • AriDublyu
    Options
    Good quality balsamic vinegar + virgin olive oil. Can't beat that for low calories. Avoid the processed, packaged, supermarket stuff. Look for organic, all natural, no artificial sweeteners, low sugar totals on the label.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Balsamic, raspberry or cranberry vinaigrettes; my daughter loves the Newman's Own dressings. I use salsa a lot in place of dressing on salad. But, for my favorite dressings I just take the calories, no way I'm using a reduced fat blue cheese, to me, it doesn't even come close to the really thing.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I like fat-free cottage cheese. Extra does of protein! :)
  • Refrigerator1
    Refrigerator1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Caesar Parmigiano yogurt dressing. 45 cal / 2 Tbsp. Really good stuff!!! You can also mix it with salsa if you like a "wet" salad and save some calories. Bolthouse Farms also makes a Ranch and Blue Cheese. You can find it in the refrigerated section near the lettuce.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Kraft Fruit & Veg dressing is quite low cal. They have a garlic one that is caesar-esque.