New scale after 3 years

Options
I've been using the same scale to track my weight for the last three years. I just bought one of those new "fancier" scales that records my weight 2 pounds heavier! What do I do? Should I just suck it up and take the two pound hit since the new scale is probably more accurate? It took a lot to lose those 2 pounds though :(

Replies

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Your weight can easily fluctuate by a few pounds from day to day - even over the course of a single day.
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I just got a new scale today and "gained" 3 lbs. :( it's a bit disheartening, but not the end of the world.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Your weight can easily fluctuate by a few pounds from day to day - even over the course of a single day.

I weighed myself on both scales, one right after the other. The old one reads two pounds lighter. I'd like to return the new one but it's probably more accurate :ohwell:
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options

I weighed myself on both scales, one right after the other. The old one reads two pounds lighter. I'd like to return the new one but it's probably more accurate :ohwell:

Or...you could just change your initial weight to be two pounds heavier. After-all, the difference didn't make you actually gain two pounds, its just the difference in the scales.
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Or...you could just change your initial weight to be two pounds heavier. After-all, the difference didn't make you actually gain two pounds, its just the difference in the scales.

Genius idea!! I'll do that!
  • ssaquib
    Options
    This is going to sound silly but how and where can I go to change my old weight inputs. I'm in a similar situation. Just changed my rotary scale for a digital one and the new one shows me 6lbs heavier (?!?!). Thats means my current weight is more than my starting weight a month ago. I hate to sound whiney but i really dont want to eat the 6lbs if theres a way around it. HELP please!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It's 2 lbs. Don't fret so much. The stress will make you put on another 10 lbs.
  • david_a_hahn_1
    Options
    Go to "check in", and there is a link to "edit previous entries."
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I bought one of them Walgreens glass scales .. Let's just say I had a fit and they should really not make scales out of glass...I'm back to my old analog scale.. HAHA
  • ssaquib
    Options
    Go to "check in", and there is a link to "edit previous entries."

THANK YOU! just did that! IF it was just a pound or so i wouldnt have wrooried but it took me a month to lose 5lbs and I really didnt want to go to number higher than my starting weight!