How Long...

Options
I posted a frustrated post on the motivation board ..
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1197585-help-losing-hope

but I have a question on how long to give something to see if it's working before trying something else?

I am currently on 1200 diet, with weight training 2x week and cardio 4 - 5x a week. how long should I stay there? I am very frustrated because I have only loss 2 lbs in 2 1/2 mnths. I just recently started tracking calories with MFP.

Thanks in advance...

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you might not be eating enough for all the exercise. Maybe think about increasing 100-200 calories or so and add a little more protein.

You're also getting a lot of sodium every day--I'd look at limiting your high-sodium choices to a couple a day. The coffee additives are empty calories--can you swap them out for skim milk, soy milk or almond milk?

It's all about patience and small tweaks.

More protein works well for me. I've added a couple mile walk each day at lunch (usually) and am parking farther away from my office to get my 10,000 steps in, in addition to my exercise.

Hang in there--it'll happen!!!

For me, online exercise calculators tend to say I've burned too much--I use a HRM to tell me what I really did.