Sounds silly but...

slimmingsiobhan
slimmingsiobhan Posts: 54
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Do you guys count the calories in amounts of lettuce/cucumber?
I generally only have around half a cup per serving of each with meals perhaps twice day but wondered if you guys would count them on the log? x

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    I do if it is more then a few slices. If I am sitting down with it in a bowl it gets weighed. If I have a slice here or there no. Lettuce I do because it is usually a salad with chicken, tomato....etc so it counts.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    i do but i eat alot of them lol
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    Yep - I count everything that goes in my mouth - even if it is zeros across the board.
  • If it's just a piece here or there, no I don't. But like other members said, if its a larger amount, i.e. a salad, I will count it. I tend to do all the math for a particular meal once, then save it under "my meals" so I can just click on "salad" or "turkey sandwich" and have it counted for me that way.

Maybe you could make a "meal" called "sandwich topping" (or whatever you use it for) and include all those nit-picky items in it so you only have to count them once?
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Yep - I count everything that goes in my mouth - even if it is zeros across the board.

Me too! not only do I do this to see the content of it, but also for when I look back in my diary to see what was eaten during certain days.
  • Thanks guys :)
    The idea for something I can just add to it i.e 15cals worth which is about the amount I eat at a max would be brilliant, thanks. xx
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    the calories lettuce and cukes contribute aren't significant, but if you want to track other nutrients and have an accurate picture of your overall eating habits, you can count them.
This discussion has been closed.