24/7 HRM

Options
Hello all
Is there a HRM that records your rate 24/7 and also shows calories burned (pref a watch)?
I am willing to spend up to 250 on it

Replies

• Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought the Polar FT7 and it has a chest strap. I can wear it 24/7 but it would wear out the batteries in no time. The Polars are a good brand. It was suggested to me on here to buy that. It cost me 170.00 canadian to get that one. It tells you your heart rate, plus how many calories burnt. Go to the website. The chest strap isn't all that comfortable to be wearing all the time.

Keep me posted on your finds.

Swoopette.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought the Polar FT7 and it has a chest strap. I can wear it 24/7 but it would wear out the batteries in no time. The Polars are a good brand. It was suggested to me on here to buy that. It cost me 170.00 canadian to get that one. It tells you your heart rate, plus how many calories burnt. Go to the website. The chest strap isn't all that comfortable to be wearing all the time.

Swoopette.

a regular HRM like a Polar isnt designed to be worn 24/7 it wouldnt be accurate during peroids of rest, you would need something like a body bugg which is designed to do this
  • whalertly
    Options

Swoopette.

a regular HRM like a Polar isnt designed to be worn 24/7 it wouldnt be accurate during peroids of rest, you would need something like a body bugg which is designed to do this

do you know of any watch-based version, as the BB seems to be armband only which is not exactly optimal
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Polars are all watch bands. The ones I looked at all were watch band the band around the waste is for a more accurate heart rate thats all.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

Swoopette.

do you know of any watch-based version, as the BB seems to be armband only which is not exactly optimal

There is a watch option to the BB, but you have to wear the arm band..
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ive got a body bugg. it has the armband you wear all day long, and for an additional $80 you can order the watch to monitor your numbers. The biggest stinker of the body bugg is that you HAVE to upload your data to their website every so often or the device will run out of room for new data and will stop recording it. And no, their website is not free. You have to pay to use it. :-|
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Polars are all watch bands. The ones I looked at all were watch band the band around the waste is for a more accurate heart rate thats all.

Polars have to be worn with the chest strap. The chest strap is what records your body's data. Without the chest strap, you'd just have a watch with a lot of features you can't do anything with, LOL
  • katthomas
    katthomas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    fitbit.com
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fitbit would be good for me if I didn't only wear summer dresses in the summer. Where would I stick it?
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    bodybugg

http://www.bodybugg.com/

supposed to be the best thing on the market.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The POLAR FA20 is a wrist watch designed HRM that is is a 24/7 monitor. It's pretty new I think. Check it out on eBay.:flowerforyou:
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fitbit would be good for me if I didn't only wear summer dresses in the summer. Where would I stick it?

Bra Strap.. is what I read! :)
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it show a buldge?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Polar has a 24/7 watch, the FA20:

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/improve_fitness/fitness_crosstraining/FA20