New to myfitnesspal

Options
I joined myfitnesspal about 2 weeks ago, so I figured it was finally time to introduce myself. I started my fitness journey on Feb. 22, 2010 with my husband of 10-1/2 years. We both decided it was time to get healthy and stay that way. We are currently training for our first marathon in October. I have 2 dogs and a cat. No children yet, as I wanted to get to a healthy weight and lifestyle before getting pregnant. I recently graduated from college with a BA in English and a certificate in Elementary Education. I am a proud military wife...13 years and counting. We are currently stationed in Maryland!

Replies

• mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!! I would love to be in good enough shape to take on even a half-marathon! Feel free to add me as a friend, I'd love to be a part of your support team :)
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you're here
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am going to assume that you are a huge insanity fan too! As am I. I love it!!!
    and good luck on your first marathon :wink: Some day I'd like to do one myself
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome.:flowerforyou: Sounds Great!! My Moma lives in MD :happy:
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome! Where in Maryland? My husband is ADAF and we are moving to Fort Meade, MD in a little over a month :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend! Kudos to you wanting to have a healthy lifestyle before you get pregnant!
  • redsun69
    Options
    Hi I have just joined today. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and it is a bit overwhelming to be honest!!! Always wanting a quick fix, it is hard to get my head round the fact it will take quite some time to achieve this goal!! :sad:
  • loverunning11
    loverunning11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am really excited for the marathon. It is definitely the biggest thing I have taken on!
  • loverunning11
    Options
    Welcome! I am going to assume that you are a huge insanity fan too! As am I. I love it!!!
    and good luck on your first marathon :wink: Some day I'd like to do one myself

YES! I completed 2 rounds of Insanity before I started marathon training!
  • loverunning11
    Options
    Welcome! Where in Maryland? My husband is ADAF and we are moving to Fort Meade, MD in a little over a month :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend! Kudos to you wanting to have a healthy lifestyle before you get pregnant!

We live in Bowie, but my husband is also ADAF and stationed at Fort Meade. Good luck with your move!