1270?

Options
So I just updated my weight loss goals. It changed my daily intake from 1340 to 1270. I have about 12 pounds left to my goal. I'm 5'5" 162lbs. I might even go a little lower when I get to 150. I really want to get rid of my stomach. I'm lifting and doing cardio. Focused more on lifting. I want muscle but lean. I understand on days I workout I eat back most of the calories. On days I don't work out like today, does the 1270 seem a bit low? I usually get about 105 g of protein. My diary is open.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Did you change your weight loss goals? if you only have 12 lbs left you should change your weekly goal to 1/2lb a week...

Or because you are lifting you could move to the TDEE method where you eat the same calories everyday.

This works well for people who lift and/or have consistent exercise.

You can use an online calculator such as found on Scooby (google scooby TDEE calculator)

Or use your own data with this calculation

Total calories consumed+(weight lost x 3500)/# of days (choose 2 or 3 weeks worth of data for consistency)
  • nightshutter
    Options
    I updated my goals. Thanks for the info
  • nightshutter
    Options
    I guess I'm just really unsure if what I'm currently doing is the best route to get to my goals. I want to shed off some of this fat and tone.