stucked in a weight plateau.... need help!!

Hello everybody! I seriously need some help.

I'm a 37 year old female, 5 foot 6 tall, and my weight is now 140 lb. I've been losing 30 lb slowly but steadily (over 10 months) by working out 5 times a week and eating around 1200-1400 calories a day. My bodyfat is 22% I stay clear of alcohol, eat mostly veggies (I'm a vegetarian) and try to watch my sugar. It worked great until I just stopped losing weight. I'm stuck like this now for 7 months and it's really frustrating. My husband said i'm working out too much and that I didn't give my body enough brakes. Now i'm unsure. I used to mix my workout days, so that I would do 3 times a week weight training with 20-25lb weights and have the days inbetween filled with HIIT cardio. I tried to stay in the gym no longer than 60 min., because I wanted to make sure I don't overdo it. (I have that tendency... unfortunately.) I also used to mix up my weight training every 4 weeks, so that my body didn't get used to what I was doing, because I heard that's bad. Didn't help... not one pound got off me :-(
So I changed thing up. I've been cutting down my workout routine now, to see if it makes a difference. Now it's 3x times a week for 60 min. and boy is it hard! I feel fat and lazy and have to force myself not to go more often.
What am I doing wrong???? Help? please?? Anybody???

P.S.: I use a polar watch to tell me how much calories I burned during a workout and scan every little thing I put in my mouth. I know that it's easy to be wrong about numbers, so I try to keep track as good as I can.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    To be honest, you're already at a healthy weight for your height. Anything else you lose is going to be pretty hard.

Instead of focusing on changing your workout, you should be focusing on your calorie intake. A calorie deficit is the only way you're going to lose weight. My advice is to set your MFP settings to .5 lbs/week (you don't have alot to lose, so having an aggressive goal simply won't work for you). If you don't have one already, invest in a food scale and weigh all of your food portions. Log everything you eat, every single day and give it time.