Weetabix!

Options

Replies

• arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I use it to provide some extra fiber if I'm making hamburger patties. Crush it up, mix it in with the mincemeat, hey presto.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    In the winter I eat them with milk and dried, chopped dates. In the summer I like them with milk and fresh strawberries and other berries.
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Don't know how anybody can eat Weetabix with cold milk, it must be like sawdust.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I also whizz em up in the blender as part of my protein shakes for a quick on the run breakfast

Will be trying this tomorrow, love wheetabix
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Heetabix with a sprinkle of sugar.......... yum!
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    YES! It's very English.

I like mine with cold milk, soft but still firm, with bananas and berries or a drizzle of honey. Yum! :)
  • ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also whizz em up in the blender as part of my protein shakes for a quick on the run breakfast

Will be trying this tomorrow, love wheetabix

Sweet let me know what you think, most people look at me like im crazy
  • VJ97
    VJ97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yummy weetabix!! I eat it as a biscuit with low fat yogurt a a topping mmmmmm. Even better are the chocolate and golden syrup versions :drinker:
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am British, but live in West Africa! Weetabix are always something I bring back with me in my suitcase after visits back to the UK! Love them with skimmed milk and covered with a sliced banana! My daughter loves them too, so we have to "ration" them out to make the packets last until the next visit back to the UK!
  • ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Golden Syrup version????? OMG get in my mouth NOW!!!!!! I gotta find some here in Australia
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Can't stand Weetabix in any form no milk, cold milk, hot milk YEEUKKK!!! ! :sick:
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Weird but I hated them as a kid, but now YUM. Always in the cupboard as an emergency staple. Have added them to flapjacks and crumble toppings, and see no reason why you can't add them to lots of things for a quick carb and fibre boost. Also like them hot with chocolate milk.

Having eaten local versions of them in Africa and Australia, they are completely different to the UK ones.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, Weetabix is a huge favourite for our family too! It's in all the grocery stores here (Canada). Love it with almond milk, honey and some sliced bananas. It can be expensive, so it gets treated like gold when I actually buy it. It is usually gone within a couple of days once the kids see it in the pantry. You snooze , you lose, is how it goes around here, lol.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian and guilty for being absolutely addicted to it. I like 2 biscuits (more if I'm being naughty) crushed and I add enough milk to make it thick like porridge. I add whatever fruit is available to top it off.
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Microwave. No way. Cold with skim milk and banana or frozen blueberries. Delicious.:drinker:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Yummy..

Some sugar (or xylitol) with milk and then micro wave it to become soft :)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Have you ever eaten a dry one and then tried to speak? Fooking hilarious.

We have chocolate Weetabix in the UK, which is my personal fave. I just bung some milk in and heat it up.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

We have chocolate Weetabix in the UK, which is my personal fave. I just bung some milk in and heat it up.

Chocolate Weetabix also here in SA

Guys America and England arnt the only 2 countries on earth :wink: just saying
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

Chocolate Weetabix also here in SA

Guys America and England arnt the only 2 countries on earth :wink: just saying

Sorry, did you want me to research other countries that sell chocolate Weetabix first and include them in my comment so no-one felt left out? :wink: :laugh:
  • sarahunderwood1
    sarahunderwood1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Weetabix has been my staple breakfast for sooo long, stick some hot milk on top and stir it up - yum!