I'M NEW AND LACK MOTIVATION ,NEED HELP!

Options
NOT ONLY AM I WEIGHT CHALLENGED BUT P.C. CHALLENGED ALSO.I'VE HAD MANY CHANGES IN MY LIFE IN THE LAST 2 YR.S.FIRST AND FORMOST MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY AFTER A LENGTHY ILLNESS.I WAS HIS CARETAKER BESIDES WORKING TWO JOBS.AFTER HE PASSED MY HEALTH PROBLEMS GOT WORSE.IT WAS ALMOST LIKE I FINALLY HAD PERMISSION TO BE ILL. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I HAD TO RETIRE AND MOVED IN WITH ONE OF MY SONS AND HIS FAMILY.I QUIT SMOKING A YR.AGO BUT STILL WANT A CIGG.THATS THE ONLY WILL POWER I'VE BEEN ABLE TO MUSTER UP.I HAVE R.A. A RHUEMATOID LUNG, I HAVE ALOT OF PAIN AND STIFFNESS .ONE OF THE MEDS.I'M ON IS PREDISONE AND I'M HUNGRY ALL OF THETIME. MSOUZA

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and keep you chin up.. Things will get better. Great job on not smoking anymore. My father had a heat attack last year which was directly related to smoking and my mother died of lung cancer so I am happy to hear about anyone who quits smoking. As for the weight loss you said your on prednisone. Prednisone makes you gain weight and hungry. BUT if you work hard at it you can overcome your problems. I am sorry to hear about your husband but things will get better. It's wonderful that you have children that will support you in your time of need. Look to the future. It can be great!! YOU can be great. Keep POSITIVE. YOU CAN DO IT.
  • Oh dear, you've really had it tough you poor thing :frown:

If you're looking for motivation, this is the place to be! Add lots of friends, as they will keep you going and we're all here to help you through the tough days.

I've sent you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • MsQueenBee
    Options
    Good Morning MzOusa - I'm new to this site as well; I too am weight-challenged ...I've read your blog & I just want to say that I'm here for you! Don't allow your current health condition to get you down. You can do ALL THINGS THRU CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENS YOU! He allowed you to wake up this morning. So think positive - put your best foot forward. We have to start off with small steps...watch what you eat. Take a slow walk for about 15 to 30 minutes every other day. These are things that I'm implementing for myself. Another good source is the Diabetes website...www.americandiabetes.org...even if you're not diabetic, it provides a wonderful guide on how to portion your foods & variety of foods that are good for you. Hugs & support from Belinda (Houston, TX)
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    Baby steps Hun Baby steps Cut back a little at a time on what you are eating then slowly change your diet!!! That alone will kick off the weight loss! Then any exercise can work and for your RA I would say Do lots of swimming!!! It burns calories and doesnt put as much stress on the body!!! I have weak lungs from smoke damage as a child (was in a house fire) I also smoked as a young teen up tell about 200days ago! You will do this and you will feel better for doing it for you and your children even if they are grown!! I know this sounds strange but when I read your post it was almost like I was taken back by it! My mother was the same way.. dad was sick for 9 years she gave everything to him and after he passed she didnt know what to do! she moved in with me and because she had health problems and weight problems she didn't start taken care of after dad we lost her 2 years to the month we lost our dad!! Sorry didnt mean to get off on a lecture and a family history thing..... YOU WILL DO Great!!!!
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Wow - you've already overcome so much - good for you wanting to do more! I wish you the best of luck in your journey, you've come to a great place for motivation and support! The only advice I can offer is be patient and kind to yourself, major changes take time but you can do it. Start with small, manageable changes and grow from there. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want support.
  • kpronto
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you find the support you need here. I am also new and have made a couple friends that we email daily which has been great. You have really had a tuff go and that is not easy. I lost my older sister last year and my father in January so life is pretty ****ty all around. PRETAZONE SUCKS...I just got off it and man, I could have eaten a house if someone would have given me some Ketuchup! Anyway, could luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
    Kathy