Options

Replies

• newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Love the "trip to the bathroom" comment! So true!:laugh:
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    Oooo yay! Tall ladies! I'm 5'11" and am looking to trim myself down for my wedding in six months. Can I please just ask you all about wearing heels? Do you shy away from them because of your height or do you embrace it? I always tend to shy away.
    i tend to shy away from them lately. my boyfriend is shorter than me by 4 inches, so i already feel far too tall! but if i'm round people more my height, i'll wear a little pair of heels, like 2" boots or something. a few years ago i used to wear 5" heels every night out hah, oh those wee the days..
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey OP and anyone who comments/read the thread with similar goals feel free to add me! :) I am 5'10 and a bit and my highest weight was 184 I believe but I have fluctuated from 175-184 over the last couple years (usually about 178 most of the time). In the last 5-6 weeks I've lost everything I've gained since January 2011 so I'm currently 164. My current goal is 150-155 and when I get there I plan to reduce to a smaller deficit (250-500 cal a day) and do even more intense strength training. Like everyone else said I wanna focus on that toned look not just being at 140 but "skinny fat" like I was at my very lowest weight at this height (grade 9, right after growth spurt, damn I was skinny in pics from then!)

Good luck everyone! Agreed it is nice to see the bigger numbers :) most women are like 5'4" on here and wanna be like 120. Also.. to the question about heels. I wear heels all the time when I go out on weekends. I avoid platforms because I like the way heels make my legs look, it's not for added height but that does happen in the process! Tall women are sexy and elegant so I think you should rock it. Be confident at 6'2" (or taller!) when you're in those heels ;)
  • FyeCarolA
    Options
    I shy away! I wish I had the confidence to wear them, but people look at me (even more so) like a giant. 5'11 turns into 6'2 LOL!
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    that the term i was looking for! skinny fat described me perfect when i was last at 140lbs. i was tiny but there was no muscle to me. i want to change that this time. even if it means stopping at 150lbs but having a toned body.
  • Hokiegirl66
    Options
    Hi- I'm there w/ all of you. I'm 5'11, would rather not post my current weight. ... a little bit of denial there. But I'm looking forward to using this site as a tool to reach my mini goals and ultimately my BIG goal. :smile:
  • FyeCarolA
    Options
    I am 5'11. When I was in high school I was 125lbs (couldn't gain weight for the life of me). Got pregnant after high school and jumped to 200lbs (too much). When I lost weight after baby #1, I felt comfortable at 155-160, but looking at pictures of myself now from then, I looked pretty skinny and I don't think I want to be that skinny. After baby #2, I am at 190-195 (breastfeeding really makes your weight fluctuate). I am really trying to get to 180, then 170 and re-evaluating where I want to be.

Yay for so many tall ladies!
  • clodia2
    Options
    I'm 5'10 1/2".... I'm currently around 178. I would like to be 170, but would be more pleased just dropping my waist to 31 or 32 inches. :D
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Giiiirlll people are lookin' at you in your heels when you're 6'2" because you're hot ;) everybody loves an Amazonian woman! Haha :) but seriously. I used to think I looked like a giant in heels too until, when I expressed this to my grandma (who is 5'8" used to be 5'9") she told me that she thinks tall women are elegant and beautiful :) and so now when I wear heels I think "aww grams"
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm close.. 5'10"! I'm about 207 right now looking to just be healthy. A lot of my weight sits in my tummy, so looking to love my body by summer!
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm close.. 5'10"! I'm about 207 right now looking to just be healthy. A lot of my weight sits in my tummy, so looking to love my body by summer!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    5'11'' here - I started at 318 and am down to 266 with an ultimate goal of ....somewhere in the 100s, lol. The smallest I ever remember being was when I was 14 and I weighed around 180-190...so I have NO CLUE what that'll look like on me now, especially after 2 kids. I'm thinking around 175-180 but I definitely want to be realistic, comfortable, and be able to maintain.

ETA: hubby is 5'7'' and when we first got together I shied away from the heels totally. He's always said it doesn't bother him at all - he said I'm tall but I'm womanly (big hands anyone? He actually called my hands skinny the other day and said they were very effeminate). So now after 7 years I finally believe him and have become comfortable wearing heels.
  • Bluetrace24
    Bluetrace24 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible on heels - probably because I was about this tall when I was 12, and who wants to be even taller then? My husband is way taller than me so I'd have the opportunity, but still don't have the balance. ;-)
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 6 feet, there's no way I could ever be 140 pounds, I have a large frame. In my profile pic I'm 168 pounds and a size 4/6, there's no way I'd go under that.... but we're all built very differently and know what our ideal is :-)
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    I'm just under 6 feet, there's no way I could ever be 140 pounds, I have a large frame. In my profile pic I'm 168 pounds and a size 4/6, there's no way I'd go under that.... but we're all built very differently and know what our ideal is :-)
    Wow, you look amazing! At 164lbs, which is where I was for about a year & a half, i was a size 10/12. But then again if you're using American sizing, I'd be a 6/8, I think? I'd love to be a UK 8 (US 4) but i can't see that happening some how :P
  • Ellsinore
    Options
    5'11" here. The nice thing about being tall is the odd five pounds or so isn't really significant. The bad thing is you need to lose 20+ pounds drop a jeans size. :-D

I've set my goal weight at 135 because that's what I weighed before I packed on all the pounds. I haven't been there in over twenty years, though, so the effects of age, gravity and muscle development will reveal themselves as time passes. I'm an apple -- yum! -- so at this point I'll be doing the happy dance when I just have a waist again. :-D My fitness guru friend tells me 175 will probably be good, taking BMI and whatnot into account. So I'm looking forward to seeing what that looks like. :-)

Though I hardly even wear shoes anymore, when I worked in an office, I had no problem wearing heels -- mostly because my feet looked like boats in flats. Yes, I pretty much towered over everyone else -- but I didn't consider that a Bad Thing. ;-)
  • crimsonandclovers
    Options
    5'11" here. The nice thing about being tall is the odd five pounds or so isn't really significant. The bad thing is you need to lose 20+ pounds drop a jeans size. :-D
    I HATE that about being tall! I'm a big 12 in jeans at the minute and it's driving me insane, where-as when i was 140lbs, i was a 10. That's a 35lb difference and only one size down. So irritating! But you are right, gaining 5lbs is hardly noticeable at our heights, which is a definite plus.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    At 140 I am in a uk 6-8 but probably my fitness that enables me to fit those. My hips tend to get in the way as they are quite broad built.
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0. I haven't been under 200 since high school graduation, so I don't know exactly where I want to land. I'm starting with 165 and will reevaluate once I'm there. I'm thinking somewhere between 160-170 will be my final comfort zone. Previously, I wanted 140. I'm not sure that that will look good on me. We'll see! (My ticker shows how much to go before I'm in the "overweight" category rather than the obese.)

With regards to heels, I absolutely wear them!! I was a dancer in college, so I'm accustomed to wearing them while dancing. However, I find that they are more comfortable the more weight I lose! :-)
  • Ellsinore
    Options
    I HATE that about being tall! I'm a big 12 in jeans at the minute and it's driving me insane, where-as when i was 140lbs, i was a 10. That's a 35lb difference and only one size down. So irritating! But you are right, gaining 5lbs is hardly noticeable at our heights, which is a definite plus.

Remember the Perfect Size 10? Probably not -- that was about 40 or 50 years ago. LOL! That's probably the size 2 now.

The only time I was able to wear a 10 was when I was at 125 pounds and looked like a cadaver. I didn't even shoot for that -- I got sick, so it didn't last long. :-) With the wonders of vanity sizing, I can only imagine what number would fit if I managed 135 today. Manufacturers make up their own sizes, too. I can get into Lee jeans 18 without having to lie down on the bed first, but there's another company -- can't remember which now -- that a 16 is doable. I'm sorry, but a 200+ pound woman is NOT a size 16.

Though it doesn't help much when shopping for clothes, which I hate to do anyway, I kind of go by the pattern company sizes if I want to judge progress or backsliding -- they haven't changed all these years. With my current measurements, I'd be a 22 if I was making my own clothes, and that's pretty consistent. Unfortunately, they haven't updated their heights, either, so a Misses pattern is for 5'5" to 5'6" -- yeah, right. :-D

So while I do have some old jeans waiting in my closet, mostly focusing on other stuff is much less discouraging. :-D