A quick question for you all.

Options
Okay so I am currently 156 pounds and I am 5'3" Apparently I should be the in 120-135 range. The lowest weight I had was 133. I do NOT look that overweight. I look like I could lose maybe 5 or 10 pounds, but you know...I am still overweight even then.

Can being that overweight make you have high blood pressure, heart pounding climbing up stairs, and feel so fatigued? My blood pressure is actually a bit on the the high side and I am only 20 years old. I see people well over 180 pounds who have a BREEZE working out and climbing up stairs. How can I feel so sick? I even feel my heart beat harder when I lay down.

I should also mention I have PCOS- to those who know what it is.

Is that normal? Can even being a little overweight make you feel so sick and raise your blood pressure? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I just want to know what people think.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be overweight at all to be sick and have high blood pressure. Being "fit" is not the same thing as being in the "normal weight" zone. There are some who are normal weight or even under that have clogged arteries and high blood pressure. If you are having those issues, then you should visit a doctor and have a physical done. He/she can advise you on what changes you may need to make for your health.
  • omycupcake
    omycupcake Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I guess I just thought that the blood pressure was correlated to my weight gain and current weight....
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure is affected by your weight, your sodium intake, your cardiovascular health, and other factors.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I second visiting your doctor.
  • HollyB1223
    HollyB1223 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You may be having thyroid related problems. Please schedule a checkup just to be on the safe side, before you start to push yourself to get in better shape, exercise more, etc.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am currently 156 pounds and I am 5'3" Apparently I should be the in 120-135 range. The lowest weight I had was 133. I do NOT look that overweight. I look like I could lose maybe 5 or 10 pounds, but you know...I am still overweight even then.

Can being that overweight make you have high blood pressure, heart pounding climbing up stairs, and feel so fatigued? My blood pressure is actually a bit on the the high side and I am only 20 years old. I see people well over 180 pounds who have a BREEZE working out and climbing up stairs. How can I feel so sick? I even feel my heart beat harder when I lay down.

I should also mention I have PCOS- to those who know what it is.

Is that normal? Can even being a little overweight make you feel so sick and raise your blood pressure? Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I just want to know what people think.

Get a check up...have your iron levels and vitamin d levels checked. Fatigue/high blood pressure/palpatations at your age is not really normal. It may be something as simple as low iron levels.