Best blender?

I've killed my measly magic bullet (what a joke!) and I want something a bit more heavy duty. My son and I love smoothies and other pureed goodies.

Obviously a Blendtec/Vitamix will top the list but I just cannot swing that kind of money right now (Dave Ramsay says no!!!). We are paying down a heap of medical bills and I cringe to think about the cost of one of those beasts.

I'm looking to keep it under $150 if possible.

Do you have one you love?

Replies

• Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Ninja blender!
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Also Looking for a Good Blender. The Magic bullet did no tricks for me either.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    I had a magic bullet as well, and I own a Nutribullet now. I definitely think the nutribullet is pretty boss in comparison.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,131 Member
    I've killed my measly magic bullet (what a joke!) and I want something a bit more heavy duty. My son and I love smoothies and other pureed goodies.

Obviously a Blendtec/Vitamix will top the list but I just cannot swing that kind of money right now (Dave Ramsay says no!!!). We are paying down a heap of medical bills and I cringe to think about the cost of one of those beasts.

I'm looking to keep it under $150 if possible.

Do you have one you love?
    Yeah vitamix is great, have had one for quite a while. We also have a brevelle blender and have to say it's decent for sure. I would recommend it.
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Ninja....for sure best thing every
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    I have heard nothing but rave reviews for the Vitamix, but damn they are spendy. I have an Oster and I am happy with it. I think it was around 75 bucks at Bed Bath and Beyond.
  • Vitamix and its not even close. Its pricey but the best thing I ever bought. I have been using it for 7 years to make smoothies, peanut butter, sauces,powders, flour and it just works.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Ninja! I love it. The single serve cups are extremely useful for smoothies and we recently bought a food processor attachment :) They also make an epic crockpot/electric skillet combo that I can't recommend enough if you're in the market for one.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    I quite like the nutribullet, its still small like the magic bullet and i can keep it on the counter, but it works great and you can find them for like 100 bucks - maybe less
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Ninja blender!

I agree. Best $100 I spent in 2013. I have the ninja pulse. I think a big advantage is the one i purchased came with two blenders, 2 single serve cups and a food processor attachment. It has a dough mixer but ive never used that lol.

Ooh on a side note, i bought mini ice cube trays. I think they give less wear and tear no matter what your blender.

http://www.amazon.com/Cubette-Mini-Ice-Cube-Trays/dp/B000I1ZXIK
  • I have both the Magic Bullet and the Nutributtlet. I think they both have a purpose. The NutriBullet is defintielyu more powerful than the Magic Bullet.

I primarily use my Magic buttlet for soups. I put all of my vegetables in it, add a small amount of fat free stock and nuke it for 2 minutes. Then I blend it. I don't mind a few lumps because I feel like I'm eating something besides just drinking. But if I ran it a little more, it would be smoother.

I use the NutriButtlet for mostly fruit smoothies or larger amounts. LIke I said earlier, this one is much more powerful. I like the way they fit on my counter.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Blendtec

I did a lot of research. It is the best. I have had it over a year. We make smoothies from frozen bananas, kale, almond milk, and ice everyday. It's what they use at Starbucks. It has one blunt blade at the bottom of the pitcher and nothing comes apart, so clean up takes no longer than a blender bottle. We also use it for hot soup from raw ingredients, hummus, and blended margaritas from ice, frozen fruit, and the other stuff. I even make beat and carrot juice in mine. You just have to add a little water.

We were worried about the price at first, but it has already paid for its self. It is going strong and I expect to have it for many more years. I'd pick it over a microwave.
  • Ledgehanger
    Ledgehanger Posts: 125 Member
    We have a Vitamix, and we love it. It is both a very good blender, and very durable.

Having said that, I commend your conscious decision to decide that's too much money right now. Have you considered looking at a used one, though? The Vitamixes are so durable and such high quality that it might be worthwhile to take a look at Craigslist or something and see if you can find one that's in your price range but still in good condition.

Just a thought. :o)
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I thought you asked about my best bender. *backspace hold*
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    I bought a Ninja Master Prep Pro from Sam's Club for $50 about 2 months ago and I'm IN LOVE! It came with a 48oz and a 40 oz pitcher as well as a pair of 16 oz chop bowls. So, it's like the pic below, but it comes with an extra chop bowl (left side).
    I bought it to replace a regular ol' blender and never looked back. The old one is fully functional, so I'm sure the thrift shop will love it.
    ninjaProSys_310_340.jpg
  • I thought you asked about my best bender. *backspace hold*
    :laugh: That's a whole different (but no doubt entertaining) thread!
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Blendtec

I did a lot of research. It is the best. I have had it over a year. We make smoothies from frozen bananas, kale, almond milk, and ice everyday. It's what they use at Starbucks. It has one blunt blade at the bottom of the pitcher and nothing comes apart, so clean up takes no longer than a blender bottle. We also use it for hot soup from raw ingredients, hummus, and blended margaritas from ice, frozen fruit, and the other stuff. I even make beat and carrot juice in mine. You just have to add a little water.

We were worried about the price at first, but it has already paid for its self. It is going strong and I expect to have it for many more years. I'd pick it over a microwave.

Wow that blendtec is High too.
  • blahblah123314
    blahblah123314 Posts: 39 Member
    The Ninja is pretty good, the one my mother has came with travel cups and a single server mixer. The only thing I find is that the single serve blends more thoroughly than the big pitcher for the ninja. I would blend veggies and liquids and I'd get more chunks than if I used the smaller cup.