Eating meals you can't track in MFP

Options
This app is great but I hate when I eat and I can't track it cause I'm not sure what serving size equals what. What do y'all do in situations such as this ?

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I guess and try to go for a higher estimate than a lower one.

Is it meals that are being cooked for you?
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just make an educated guess. My cals are never accurate, I just mostly do it to keep track of what I'd had.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Just estimate the best you can. It won't happen often and the difference won't be so large that it will cause you problems. This app is as beneficial as you want it to be--it can either be a big help to keep your mindset right, or it can be an obsessive dictator if you insist on getting it 100% right calorie for calorie.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    I try to look for a result with a serving size in weight. From weighing all of my food for a couple of months, it is pretty easy to estimate after a while
  • fificrazy
    Options
    What everyone else said. And if you're trying to lose weight, better to overestimate. Trying to gain, underestimate. Trying to maintain? Overestimate, but listen more to your hunger cues than the MFP calorie limit...
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Everything - I mean everything - is an estimate. So go with the best estimate you can go with, and adjust expectations based on the outcome versus your estimates.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.