hhow to prevent late night eating?!

Options
?!?!?!

Replies

• SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Eliminate alcohol which will weaken resolve.
    Drink hot tea.
    Drink water.
    Get all the late night snack food out of the house.

Or just eat it, record it, get back up the next day and begin again.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Go to bed earlier. Honestly, those who stay up later at night have more problems with late night munching. ...
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I always save about 100 or so cals for a Nature Valley granola bar or something in case I'm really HUNGRY! (Physical hunger instead of head hunger)
    Its 11:40pm and I'm drinking a big mug of hot tea watching movies.:drinker: I usually always have tea at night and that really seems to help me. Follow it by lots of water!
    Air popped popcron is a good thing to have a few handfulls of too thats low in cals!

And sometims you just have to bite the bullet and tell youself "I don't care what happens.. I'm just NOT going to eat untill Breakfast and then just ignore the munchie monster! :sad:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I save 425 calories for peanut butter toast right before bed every night. I plan for it.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Save calories for it during the day. Then have your snack guilt free at night. It's a myth that you won't lose weight if you eat late, look at my ticker to see proof of that.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I know that I tend to make really bad choices with eating after 9 pm, so I make that a solid cut off, if I want a snack I make sure it is before 9 pm...this is not because I think it is bad to eat late, I don't, I just know for me, bad things happen if I have snack after 9. So I make a solid cut off. I also make sure I an not hungry at that point. Save calories for a snack just before then and don't go to bed too late
  • WALKSMARATHONS
    Options
    Eat enough during the day so you will not be hungry at night. Most people are overweight or obese because they don't eat enough food. They eat many substances which are not actually food and give no nutrition to the body. You cannot eat too many nutrients and they will not make you fat.
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I agree with what's already been said... either plan for it or go to bed earlier.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I always save some calories for a bag of low fat kettle corn pop corn that I share with my daughter. One bags bout 200!calories. You're gonna get hungry so plan ahead :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm the type of person who might mindlessly snack all night long if I didn't pay attention, even though I'm not much of a big eater during the day. I have excellent self control when it comes to logging, though, so as soon as I see that my calories are gone, some sort of mental switch seems to go off and I just stop eating. Bizarre habit, I know. I do feel hungrier the later it gets, so if I wasn't actively paying attention I might tend to overeat. I try to save enough calories for a tiny snack before bed just because it suits me.

I guess I'd recommend drinking tea or water if you run out of calories and are still hungry. That should fill you up. A lot of the time people think they're hungry when they're really just thirsty anyway. :drinker:
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Most people are overweight or obese because they don't eat enough food.

That's what I've heard too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 11:30pm almost every night. But those calories fit into my daily allowance. Don't finish all your calories before dinner. If you really want to prevent it, then go to sleep earlier.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Simply leave yourself a few hundred calories so that you can have a snack. Usually I save the majority of my calories for evenings, so I am still satisfied by the time I go to bed (and I am a night owl).
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I use MFP as my crutch. If I want to eat something I shouldn't, I come here for 15 minutes and read blogs and threads. I don't want my craving after reading the success and failures of others. Brings me back to reality. I do not want that nor need that to go in my mouth.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I had the munchies last night around 9, and it actually worked to drink a couple of glasses of water. I also agree with others re: going to bed earlier...I find that if I'm up past 11, my body wants to eat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,965 Member
    Options
    Face mask with time locking mechanism.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Most people are overweight or obese because they don't eat enough food.

That's what I've heard too.

REAL food. Too much JUNK food that are EMPTY calories. Eat more food that provides good nutrition and we are less hungry. Emotional eating too can easily set in so make sure you get plenty of rest. Research does show that we need more rest and that rest aids in weight loss.
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Go to bed! Speaking of which, I'm going to do that myself.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I used to often binge eat at night, but I realized that it usually happened if I stayed awake past my usual bed time. Now I try to sleep early, and tell myself if I am sleeping, I cannot eat :). I recently also started keeping a banana or tomato+cucumber salad for night time eating. I love all 3, and usually feel quite good after eating these and I am hoping it will be enough because the night time snack binge is mental and not a real hunger. I just need to feel good. Friend me if you want a partner for stopping night time binge.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I save 100 calories for evening and have an apple or melon. Then I clean my teeth. Nothing tastes right after toothpaste.