Replies

• LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend sleeps without. I like without :wink:
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Then yes, your breasts will fall off if you wear a bra all the time. As a matter of fact you shouldn't even wear a shirt. Just to be safe. Srs.

Wow, really? I didn't need to hear that bull****.

:yawn: You wanted serious answers in a chit chat fun and games forum? Seems legit.

This post didn't fit in the other topic subforums so yeah.
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    I hate bras so I go without whenever possible
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Take em off and leave just the way you were born. I would imagine having a belt around 24 hrs is uncomfortable.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I remember my mom telling me never to wear a bra to bed when I was a kid and I can never remember to ask her why she told me that because I have no idea what the reason was.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to wear a bra all the time? Is it bad wearing them to bed?
    Just wondering. Thanks.

#firstworldproblems
  • NereyaRanVihn
    NereyaRanVihn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    C'mon now they're just kiddding around lighten up.

As for your question, there's been quite a few studies that suggest wearing a bra all the time can decrease elasticity in the breast tissue and allow them to be prone to sagging faster because they are not required to support themselves. It is also a theory that a bra can promote breast cancer if it is ill fitting or disallows natural movement for an extended period of time.

These studies are not concrete, but they are good theories. I would suggest you do what feels comfortable for you. Perhaps if you really feel like you cannot sleep without a bra, go for a day bra or a sports bra rather than one with cups. Or, find a shirt with a built in bra to sleep in.

The study about bras and breast cancer has been disproved many years ago. The reason for the findings was that it was mostly elderly women who wore bras at night and who are most prone to get breast cancer? Elderly women! It does not mean that those things are related.
  • BreatheAshley
    BreatheAshley Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    C'mon now they're just kiddding around lighten up.

As for your question, there's been quite a few studies that suggest wearing a bra all the time can decrease elasticity in the breast tissue and allow them to be prone to sagging faster because they are not required to support themselves. It is also a theory that a bra can promote breast cancer if it is ill fitting or disallows natural movement for an extended period of time.

These studies are not concrete, but they are good theories. I would suggest you do what feels comfortable for you. Perhaps if you really feel like you cannot sleep without a bra, go for a day bra or a sports bra rather than one with cups. Or, find a shirt with a built in bra to sleep in.

Maybe they are but I can never be too sure.

Thank you though.
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No need to get *too* angry at the sillies, you did post this in chit-chat, fun and games :bigsmile:

Although honestly yeah, way to go at being annoying guys! :ohwell:

I used to wear my bra ALL the time. Just couldn't be bothered to take it off at night, and changed it in the morning (obviously). I then learned it was supposedly bad to keep it on overnight so I don't anymore. Haven't noticed any difference, then again it's not like I was expecting anything.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Actually bras cause me pain so I couldn't imagine sleeping in them. I think it's a matter of personal preference but I would also think an underwire could damage your skin if you slept in one if it didn't fit correctly.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Then yes, your breasts will fall off if you wear a bra all the time. As a matter of fact you shouldn't even wear a shirt. Just to be safe. Srs.
    That's helpful! Great!

Anyway, yes, I think it's not good, because the breasts are glands and are part of the lymphatic system. So if you don't wear it while your at home, and especially while sleeping, it's healthier for your breasts (for the sake of not inhibiting the movement of lymphatic fluid in the lymph system).
  • littlebithealthy
    Options
    I stopped wearing a bra 6 months ago. It's great, but I do have B cup breasts, if yours are larger you might want some extra support during the day. I stopped wearing a bra to bed 17 years ago and they are still as perky as ever.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That's helpful! Great!

You are welcome :flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I hate bras so I go without whenever possible

This is me. When in public I wear a bra. When running I wear a super supportive sports bra. At home I go without. In the summer, I don't wear a whole lot of anything - it gets hot here...Going without a bra has not had any kind of noticeable effect. They're just as perky now as they were 20 years ago - ask my husband. :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I keep mine on full time, even during sex.

Yeah right. I wanted serious answers here.

Then you should know your audience before asking.

32D, BTW. They're real and spectacular. :wink:

34DD. You jelly brah?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

34DD. You jelly brah?

:laugh:
  • kittychan91
    kittychan91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i wear one all the time, have since i was a teenager, but y back hurts if i dont wear one. now i breastfeeding, so a bra is necessary unless i wanna change shirts a zillion ties a day
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

34DD. You jelly brah?

I do jelly bra, but only when I need that extra oomph, brah.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wear one all the time for support but don't sleep in one. I may go without at home but never in public, my headlights are stuck on high beam:glasses: I don't crave that kind of attention, but I'm sure bust size and back issues would determine a true answer for you.
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    hump..I got you both beat with a 40G...although I would kill for some DD's. So yeah..just a bit jelly here.