Goal Weight...can it be noved along?

naughtydoguk
naughtydoguk Posts: 120
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi
first time poster here, I am new with MFP but thing it's a great tool on my iphone and the website is full of info but I am struggling with something?

So, i am down 10lbs and doing more exercise, got a personal trainer to help me on my way, my question is about goal setting.

My first goal is to get under 17stones, got 7 lbs to go, in My fitness pal, should I set my goal weight as my end goal or my first goal? At the moment it's set for my end goal, so the calories I am eating are for a slimmer fitter me with about 60lbs off, should I adjust my goal settings which will give me I presume more calories allowed now but decrease on a sliding scale as I approach my end goal.

Hope it makes sense.

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    HI,
    Your goal weight, final or interim, doesn't affect how MFP sets your calorie allowance. It's your weight loss goal that does this, ie, did you set it for a 1, 1.5, or 2lb per week loss? If you want more calories, set MFP to .5 or 1lb per week loss. Hope this helped,
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Ditto what the previous poster said. MFP will also adjust your cals (downwaeds) after every 10lbs you loose becsuse as your weight decreases you need less calories to keep your system ticking over.
  • Ok thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.