Stretch marks! Please help!

Options
Alright first of all I'm a male and have been loosing weight and billing for the past 7 months finally 10 lbs from my ideal weight... And my arms have gotten big ( profile pic) but the stretch marks are out for control! They seem to just get bigger .. They're almost a rom my arm!! I also have very few on my hips and a little on the back to my knee are but they are hidden on the back of my knee maybe because it's tanned there ... But idk if the same will happen on my arms and hips! Please help I am using cocoa butter lotion but t keeps getting worse !

Also if anyone happens to know something to help this skit condition that apparently everyone has (I forgot the medical term) but people call it chicken skin because it's like I from hair like acne on your arms ... I seem to have ALOT like it's covering almost the whole back of my arm on both right and left and it seems to be spreading .. Any help? It's more or les like acne because I can pick and pop them .. It's ok if no one can help me with this .. I think the stretch marks are my priority ATM

Replies

• emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    The bumps are called keratosis pilaris. Google it and you'll find some treatments.

For stretch marks, it depends on how dark your skin is naturally. Stretch marks start out red, and then fade to white over time. If you are very pale, they will become unnoticeable. The darker you are, the more obvious they will be. You can google for various treatments. Keep in mind that any topical treatment will usually need to be kept up with forever.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are scars. You can use topical creams to camoflauge them, but you'll never get rid of them completely even with laser surgery. Gotta wear 'em proud sometimes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition