Starting the journey again. Please read :)

Options
Hopefully I'm in the right section? I kind of needed to get some things off my chest.

Anyways, I haven't been on here as much as I would have liked. I've been going through some personal things these last few months that really prevented me from getting on here. Lately, I feel as though my depression has just completely consumed my life, and there was days when I couldn't even get out of bed. I recently did a 2 week stint in the hospital because of everything that's gone on(tragically losing my grandfather, and a few other things).

With everything that has happened, I haven't had a chance to just really be myself, and accomplish the things I'd like.

I think though, in light of everything, I'm finally feeling ready to get back into everything. Working out, losing weight, etc. I know I'm still going to cry, but I think that's what'll fuel me and keep me going.

Sorry if in kinda rambling. Having a bit of a bad night.

Replies

• HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What does not kill you makes you stronger!
    I know this time you will do better! Add friends be active so your buddies will ask about you and keep you motivated! but on top of all be loyal and log everyday whatever is the situation you have! Believe me, commit to something makes you feel better anyway!
    Good luck and I hope everything will get better soon (;
  • eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry you're having such a rough time. I understand how paralyzing a devastating loss (in addition to what sounds like several other things) can be. Add the use of food as a coping strategy and you've really got yourself a conundrum. I get it because I had a very similar alignment of WTF about one year ago this month. However, I turned it around in the beginning of December 2013, and I know you can (and hopefully will!) do the same!

I agree with the poster above. Definitely add some friends here on MFP with whom you find some common ground. Whether it's similar health goals, hobbies, or life experience commonality, having kindred spirits on your journey will help in many ways - perhaps the most important of which is accountability. Feel free to add me if you like, and good luck!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're working with a doc on your depression. If you've started any meds they can take a bit to help.

Take this part slow and steady. You don't need to add too many stresses on yourself and feel like you failed if you set a goal too high. You can do it. Exercise will Really help you feel better also.

Good luck on your journeys! Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yesterday is gone, what you do right now is what counts. Little steps! Exercise gets those anti-depression endorphins flowing. I read some where the other day that even doing one push up makes you stronger. You know which direction you want to go, and you are pointing in the right direction, now it is the hard part, one step at a time. Good Luck to you.
  • ChristinaMarie31
    Options
    Hi Skinny_Bella

I can totally relate to what you are going through. I have depression and anxiety as well, and have been where you have been. When I was about your age I stopped working for 10 months to recover. No matter what happens, things will always get better! Remember though, from my experience, your true friends don't care what you look like, or what you weigh. They love you for you. And anyone that acts otherwise, well, you shouldn't have them in your life. Surround yourself with positivity and I am sure you will reach your goal. Remember though to be happy in the body you have now. Enjoy life, and don't let your body shy you away from doing things you would enjoy. :flowerforyou: