reintroducing myself

Options
Hey y'all, I am not new to mfp, joined after I had my son to lose baby weight and it worked very well for me. I had a daughter a year ago and although I am back to my normal size, it just doesn't look the same anymore and I'd like to change that. Also, I am a corrections deputy and I need to start preparing myself for POST school (police academy)...I'm not sure when I'll be sent but it shouldn't be too long. Lately, I just haven't been motivated AT ALL, and I recently suffered a knee injury, torn medial meniscus, so I'll be trying to work around and overcome that. My current goal is to lose 10-15 lbs, and just be fit without it taking up all of my time...I do have 2 babies after all :)

Also, just curious if anyone knows anything about the Ruthless dvds by Weider. Any good? Will it be too hard on the knee? Any suggestions to get around jarring it too much? Looking forward to getting my fit lifestyle back!

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I am not new to mfp, joined after I had my son to lose baby weight and it worked very well for me. I had a daughter a year ago and although I am back to my normal size, it just doesn't look the same anymore and I'd like to change that. Also, I am a corrections deputy and I need to start preparing myself for POST school (police academy)...I'm not sure when I'll be sent but it shouldn't be too long. Lately, I just haven't been motivated AT ALL, and I recently suffered a knee injury, torn medial meniscus, so I'll be trying to work around and overcome that. My current goal is to lose 10-15 lbs, and just be fit without it taking up all of my time...I do have 2 babies after all :)

Also, just curious if anyone knows anything about the Ruthless dvds by Weider. Any good? Will it be too hard on the knee? Any suggestions to get around jarring it too much? Looking forward to getting my fit lifestyle back!

Hi, on the knee injury, I have a similar injury done in Sept. 2013. I think its probably best not to walk/run/dance/jog on the thing. Gravity isn't kind. I have recently taken up swimming and I thought exercise biking without too heavy a resistance might be okay. Ask your doctor too.:smile:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not used to having to baby an injury, hope I can find something that I like. Maybe biking.
  • tmcoyle
    tmcoyle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You need to build up the muscles around your knee. Talk to your doctor and he will recommend you see a physical therapist who will give you great exercises to strengthen around it. It will take time and patience, but you will get there.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am in physical therapy now so hopefully soon I'll be cleared for more intense exercise. Fingers crossed! :)