Weight gain after weightlifting

Options
I am a 5'8" female weighing 126-127lbs. I weighed myself yesterday morning and was 126.5lbs. I then had a core strength class for 30 min and a total body weightlifting class (vigorous) for an hour after that. My intake was approx 1500cal and I probably burned 200-250cal. I woke up this morning weighing 128.9lbs! I find this happens to me a lot after weightlifting....and then my weight goes back down eventually (usually 1-2 days post workout) Does this happen to anyone else? If so, why? Is this possibly just water weight from muscle recovery?

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    So as you may have heard your body fluctuates ~3-5 lbs a day due to water and various other things.

When you stress your body via exercise it retains more water, replenishes glycogen, all that good stuff.

Also, there's no need to weigh yourself daily.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    So as you may have heard your body fluctuates ~3-5 lbs a day due to water and various other things.

When you stress your body via exercise it retains more water, replenishes glycogen, all that good stuff.

Also, there's no need to weigh yourself daily.

^^ that ^^
    A mirror IMO is much more accurate that a scale can be.
    Can use a scale to track you progress in the medium to long run and ensure your diet is in line with your objectives.
    Personally i measure myself every 2 weeks (tape measurer, scale) just to calculate fat %and ensure my macros are on track with my objectives.
    Another excellen tool is taking pictures every 2 weeks or more.