NEED SUPPORT: Stressful week at work

Becky011
Becky011 Posts: 384
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Good Morning!

Just looking for some little pick me ups throughout this week:

Last week was rough. i was sick, then after taking care of me my boyfriend got sick. Left me with little opportunity to work out (I still worked out Mon/Tues/Sat) but it just felt like so much less than I have been doing (5x a week about an hour) and of course I haven't budged the scale much.

This week will be WORSE - it is a tough week ahead at work and we'll just say this week they own me all the way into next week, when i come home from out of town on Tuesday night.
:ohwell:
I'm planning ahead for days/times to fit in workouts - including today. I wil really discipline myself to watch my cals and overall nutrition despite all the stress. (this time of year is usually so bad at work that people breakdown at work and just pig out, some even cry. hard to explain it all but it is tough.)
:sad:
Looking for a little extra support between now and middle of next week. I want to stay on track. I know I deserve to take car eof myself and lose the weight so i can feel even better. i don't want to let anything derail me now.

Thanks in advance! You guys are the best.:smile:

Replies

• diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    It sounds like you are really stressed this week, last week, and maybe next week. I would set some small goals. I like how you are trying to decide how to fit in exercise for the week. Exercise definitely relieves stress...bonus. I think exercise is so important. I'm not sure if you travel on the road alot, but I was checking into resistant bands and thinking of designing a program to use those at home. It would be something you could take with you and not much room in the suitcase. I know celebrities do those sorts of programs. I'm a working mom of four kids. I was doing so good over the summer of fitting in 2-3 different exercises a day, now I can barely get 20 minutes on the elliptical and that is after my youngest daughter goes to bed at 8:00 -8:30 at night. I sometimes feel like I'm too tired to do it, but I just get my IPOD and crank up my Christian music....I just do it. I would like to get up to 30 min a day and fit in a few videos a week.

Set you goals for the week. You will feel awesome after you meet them. Staying under calories is hard for me when I don't exercise, so try to fit in that exercise somewhere. Hope your week gets better!!!.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    You can do this. Remember this is a life change and if this time of year is a part of your life you will get through it, it's just a matter of how you get through it. Sometimes I place so much pressure on myself to do this "right" that I forget that dealing with reality is a part of figuring out how to do this forever and not "right". There are only three types of day for me; good days, not so good days, and great days. I wish you all the best, you can do this.
This discussion has been closed.