I'm not losing very little or no weight help!

Options
Hi my names Matt. I'm 5"6 and weigh according to today 71.1kg. I've looked on nhs website and my weight should be below 66kg. My bmi is around 20-25? Now over the past 2-2.5 years of working out on and off I'm managed to go from 90kg to 71.1.

But recently I've hit a plateau about a month ago. Since then I changed my diet and adjusted my workout. For the past three weeks I've cut out around 200 calories I think from my diet. I eat slim noodles once a day for four times a week, to replace my usual carbohydrate source which is rice. Also I've changed my workout, I've added rowing which I never used to do.

However the past three weeks I've hardly lost any weight. The most I lose a week is 0.5kg. On another I lose 3kg. Etc. last week I didn't lose any weight even though I cut out around 200 calories from my diet. Or maybe it's around 150 calories.

I do rowing, cycling, high intensity cycling and burpees. This week I added a bit of light weights 3kg to my regime. Only abit. Last Saturday I was 71.1kg, then on the following Sunday I was 70.9. This week on Friday I weighed my i was 70.6kg and on saturday and Sunday I'm 71.1kg again. Wtf man! I need some help and advice. I count calories and I eat no more than 2000 cals, some days I might eat 1800 some days more.

This week I'm going to try and add more weight sessions, but only 3kg because I do not want big neck muscles. Another question I drink lucozade, should I stop or does it really help?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You're not going to lose the same amount every week. Some weeks will be a good loss, some very little, some there's no loss and others may show a "gain" from water retention.

You've just added a new exercise to your routine, which means, you are more than likely retaining some water from muscle repair. When you add more weights this week as you're planning, you'll most likely retain water from that as well. Water retention can easily mask weight loss.

Give it time. You didn't put the weight on in a week, it's not going to come off in a week. Have patience.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ninkyou. I just wanted to add, the closer you get to reaching goal the slower the weight comes off. Try to focus on how much better you feel now, how much healthier you are due to exercising and not so much on the number on the scale. It's hard to be patient but it'll come. Congrats on 2+ yrs of getting healthy!!!
  • rebertoc
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. So should I give it another week and see what happens? The reason I'm so desperate is because I suffer from sleep apnoea. It's mild/moderate and I'm still waiting to see the hospital. So if I lose enough weight my apnoea will improve.