Girls!! Outfit ideas~

Options
Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
I' would honestly LOVE to see outfit ideas and what you girls come up with. I am horrible at dressing "fashionably.":sad: Any kinds of outfits.

Replies

• dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you are looking for. Work appropriate or dinner/ out dancing? Casual Saturday? and your age?

Anyway, for work I like to find one or two fitted jackets and mix and match them with several different pairs of pants or skirts and different tops underneath. You can see an example in my profile pictures (I am wearing the same jacket in two of them).

On a Saturday it's jeans and a sweater now or a short sleeve top in the summer with capris/shorts/casual skirts.

Fashionable is a state of mind. If you like how you look and feel comfortable isn't that all that matters??
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Last time I went out with my bestie I wore: dark red above the knee skirt with black cheeta print (the spots are flocked), black hose (it was cold), knee high boots, low cut v-neck shirt with a little lace poking out the V from underneath and a velvet duster (think really long sweater) that has a hood with feather's around the hood and buttons at the neck. What can I say? We were going to dinner then the local goth club.

Last night's outfit for just going to the store real quick was black jeans with a button detail on the bottom/ankle part of the leg, black flats with a zipper flower detail on the toe, black lacy camisole under a blue patterened shirt with back croched/lace detail.

I might not be the best to look toward for inspiration though, 'cause I don't fit the "norm" of fashion. My bestie does call me her "little goth princess." I'm not THAT goth, though...really, no black lipstick and coffin purses for me, please and thank you.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I' would honestly LOVE to see outfit ideas and what you girls come up with. I am horrible at dressing "fashionably.":sad: Any kinds of outfits.

imo, fashion is more about self expression than throwing on stuff that's trendy or in style simple because it's "in style". first think about what type of looks do you like? do you like to wear colors and patterns and textures? what types of clothes look best on your body type? any particular time period you like in terms of fashion? answering all of these things will help you determine your style, from there you can find different pieces to add into your wardrobe from different stores.

you should also ask yourself what your casual look is and what your dressy look is.

for me, my typical casual style is fitted tee, jeans, boots or kitten heels, a patterned cheetah print betsey johnson coat or slimming black moto jacket and accessories like stacked bracelets and earrings

dressy style (and really i dont need a special occasion to get dressy besides just wanting to wear it) is a wrap dress and heels, a 50's/60's style cocktail dress and heels. if i ever want to dress down that look i just wear flats instead of heels.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've got two ideas for you. One is to get someone who's style you like to take you shopping. It made a huge difference for me to see where they shop, and what they look for. I came out with a bunch of awesome new outfits for work.

The other is to get on pinterest and create at least two style boards: work and casual. I also have one titled frocks that's just for dresses. Then when you go shopping, you can just have a breeze through the things that caught your eye and try to determine what styles you like. You don't have to limit yourself to what other people have pinned - if you're online shopping and you see some great little cardigans or something but you're not ready to buy, pin them!