Down 38 pounds 107 to go and need honest friends

Options
I am on 1200 to 1500 calories a day some days I go over 2 days last mouth I was under which is not acceptable but was not hungry. I am a male 6 Ft. 4 in. With a B.M.I. around 39% and weight 322.4 as of this mooring. I have lost 38 pounds in the last 40 day. I started with a B.M.I. around 43% and a Wight around 360.
A little on back ground. I am 100% disabled vet I was in the US AirForce. I have a back injury that cause saver muscle spasms. Bad knees and elbow and had a hart attack at 32 also suffer from saver deprision. From 32 to 33 I quit smoking yes took me a year not easy at all. I did some small changes over the next 2 years change to turkey burger instead of using ground beef. Also switched form sugar to splinda and keep gaining weight.
I woke up in December and decided that this year I am going to lose the weight. I have been to nutrition at the VA over the past 2 years LOL they are a joke and will not even give you a calorie guide line B.M.I. are really any information I can't Google in 3 minutes and I think this is what side track me. But I have decided theres no one to blame but me and I got to change.
So I started my diet and exercise I walk 2 miles a day in 10 to 15 minutes at a time can't walk longer due to injury's and ride my torturer machine oh mean recumbent bike when it is to cold. I have also started taking b-12 which has a lot of good benefits and Hns - Garcinia Cambogia Chews I now no magic pills but they work for me. So now you now my story I am looking for more friends to help keep me on track and not judge me All I want is honesty not judgmental ones

Replies

• AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First off I want to say "THANK YOU" for all you've done for our country!! :) Now for your post! I see a few things that stick out to me.. From my understanding, men are supposed to take in no less then 1600 calories a day I believe it is I know some days you can't help it, I have those days also.. Another you didn't mention if you cut out sodas, or if you only drink water ect.. More water helps, I have been told you're supposed to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces.. Well done, not many people actually have success when it comes to quitting smoking! My dr told me to get in atleast 30 minutes of walking or some sort of exercise daily, understandibly you may not be able to for that long of time, but maybe you can do a few different things throughout the day maybe just walk in place while there is a commercial on tv, or stand up then sit down while one is on?. Maybe that will help a little! I wish you all the best!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Dude, I'm 5'2", female, and I eat more calories than you do. The problem with cutting so much, so fast, so early, is that when (not if) you plateau, where are you going to cut from? You need to be eating more, and smarter. Add me if you like. I'm not trying to be judgey, just helpful. I've lost 160 so far and have 40 left to go.
  • DrSchmincke
    DrSchmincke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I looked up that weight loss supplement because you had a heart attack at a very young age. According to the National Institutes of Health (at: http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/Chem_Background/ExSumPdf/GarciniaCambogiaExt_508.pdf):

"According to distributor warning labels, the consumption of Garcinia cambogia extract is contraindicated in diabetic patients...
    The potential drug interactions of Garcinia cambogia extract described by distributors include interference with antiarrhythmics, nitrates, and calcium-channel blockers; antagonism of beta-adrenoreceptor blocking drugs; potentiation of cardiac glycosides; increased risk of hypokalemia; and risk of arrhythmia when combined with depolarizing muscle relaxants or terfenadine (Nutritionfocus.com, 2003)."

You should talk to your doctor about using this weight loss supplement, especially if you are on any medications or if you are diabetic.

38 pounds is an EXCELLENT start on your weight loss journey. Good for you!

(PS: I am not a medical doctor)
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any soda I do drink sweet tea but it 0 calories with splints and lots of water only drink I have that has any calories in my k cups LOL can't get read of them. As fair as calories go I don't now what it is I am very numerical once I started weighing my foods I just don't eat that much I use to get the calories from junk food but when I change my snacks from chips and dip to yogurt and ice pops I cut over 2000 calories a day with soda and surgery base drinks.
  • airforceman1978
    airforceman1978 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    looking for more friends so up
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've had many successes so far - weight loss, healthier food choices, quitting smoking. They're all great strides you should be incredibly proud of. Feel free to add me. I log and comment daily. My diary is open to friends. You can do this! :-)