Food Scale

Options
Any recommendations out there? I have never used one before so can someone run down the basics on its use?

Also what about HRM's? What kind should I get?

Replies

• janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital one at Walmart for around $20. It weighs in g, lbs., or oz.
    I put my plate on it, reset to zero, and then weigh the food as I add it- no need to weigh everything separately- I just reset to 0 after every food is added!
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital one at Walmart for around $20. It weighs in g, lbs., or oz.
    I put my plate on it, reset to zero, and then weigh the food as I add it- no need to weigh everything separately- I just reset to 0 after every food is added!

But then what? How do you input that into MFP? I guess that's what I am really asking.. once you weigh something how do you add it into the MFP tracker?? Especially something like cheese?
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I purchased a WeighMax scale on eBay for $15.
    Not sure if I understand your question on how to log cheese..
    What type of cheese and how much ?
    You should be able to find the type of cheese and then if need be change the portion size up or down to what you are eating.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Amazon, fairly cheaply..they are a great tool to have.

If you've got the app on your phone, you can use the barcode scanner for most products (check it's correct to packaging though)
    Also on app, you have the option to change the amount from 100g to 1g, making it easier for things that weigh an odd amount.

If you're logging your food now,it's the same, but just more accurate amount.
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Use is very simple. Put your dish on the scale and tare it to 0. Add the first food item, say broiled boneless chicken breast. The scale will read the weight of the chicken. Make note of that weight. Tare the scale to 0 again. Add the next item say, steamed green beans. Note the weight of the green beans. Repeat for each item in your meal.

Then log in MFP.
    X g broiled boneless chicken breast
    Yg green beans

You might have to search around to find entries that match your food.