Hi, I'm new to MyFitnessPal

Options
Just introducing myself here.

I lost over half my body weight around 4 years ago after I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes - managed to get from 265lbs (size 22) down to 128lbs (size 8) in around 10 months, but I was verging on being anorexic by then and too thin for my bone and body structure and my friends managed to persuade me that I was taking it a little too far, so I allowed myself to gain 10lbs and was right for me.
Unfortunately, I have been going through a hard time emotionally since November and I started to comfort eat again and since November I put on 34lbs - which I am determined to lose again - so with the help of the Myfitnesspal app and my motivational charts, I am determined to get back down to around 135-138lbs again.
Wish me luck
Carol

Replies

• tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is the place to be and the group to be with! Good Luck! I'm a WW Lifetime achiever that took a nose dive and gained most of that hard-earned weight loss right back. Ugh. Anyway, I find that tracking with MFP, using my Fitbit, and finding like-minded friends on here, my journey to the ideal weight and health is easier. I'm down 8 lbs so far. Wooot!

You can do this!! :)
  • carolsteele45
    carolsteele45 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome and words of encouragement. I was going great guns - lost 5lbs in 3 days, but had a relapse and put a lb back on yesterday :cry: ............. but overall, it's still a weight loss. Been a lot more strict with myself today and just need another 10min session on my exercise bike this evening to have done 45mins on it today :bigsmile: - plus I have been good with my calorie intake.