Scales and HRM suggestions?

Options
What food scale and HRM do you recommend?

Also with the food scale, how do you use it in conjunction with the MFP tracker? Do you weigh everything? If so, how do things that are in the tracker as slices, packages, cups and such get inputted?

* I posted this on another board on MFP but it wasn't getting answered do I posted here as well!

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking if you are getting accurate readings from MFP about your calorie consumption weighing everything isn't a must. But a lot of people have no idea what a portion size should be so this is a good way of keeping yourself in check. As far as HRM's go I have to recommend Polar. They have a great software program and docking station for the watch so it automatically transfers all your workout info to their website for easy tracking. They have a nice warranty as well.
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking if you are getting accurate readings from MFP about your calorie consumption weighing everything isn't a must. But a lot of people have no idea what a portion size should be so this is a good way of keeping yourself in check. As far as HRM's go I have to recommend Polar. They have a great software program and docking station for the watch so it automatically transfers all your workout info to their website for easy tracking. They have a nice warranty as well.

Whoa the Polar is $$$, any less expensive versions.. Broke single mom here, LOL.
  • vslnrunner
    vslnrunner Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    What price range are you looking for as far as heart rate monitors??
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For a scale we just bought a basic digital kitchen scale at Wallmart for about $20.

I dont have an HRM I would say you first need to figure out want you need it to do. Then google heart rate monitor reviews to see what will do what you want in your price range.

I did buy a pedometer to track my daily activity so I can add it to my daily calorie count.
    What food scale and HRM do you recommend?

Also with the food scale, how do you use it in conjunction with the MFP tracker? Do you weigh everything? If so, how do things that are in the tracker as slices, packages, cups and such get inputted?

* I posted this on another board on MFP but it wasn't getting answered do I posted here as well!
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What price range are you looking for as far as heart rate monitors??

Cheaper the better! I do not need anything fancy.. just something basic that does the job..:wink: