lost weight doing absolutely NOTHING????

fitbot
fitbot Posts: 406
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
ok, so when I am at my flat I go to the gym 5x a week, eat healthy and track my weight. the scale barely moves.
For the last 3 week its been a flurry of weddings, partying, drinking, eating things i generally dont eat, and I have lost 1.5 kg.... what gives? please note I also havent been to the gym in 3 weeks....

Replies

• It sounds to me like your body has gotten used to going to the gym so tricking it into doing something else like drinking and eating poorly then it may of had a positive affect on it.

This happened to me as well... you're body gets used to doing the same thing. Trick it, play games with it. It works!! I bet if you went to the gym now you'd lose more weight as it's been 3 weeks since you've been. I'd recommend spinning classes!

735976.png
  • GrayJohn is right, confusing the body will make it burn more.

also...i bet partying is a dang good exercise! XD
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Did you dance? That can use up a lot of calories.
    While you may have eaten things you normally do not, did you actually eat all the calories for the day?
    A whirlwind of activities means walking, laughing, dancing?, etc.
    Maybe your body was rewarding you for making it smile!
    Unfortunately, it will not continue the weightloss in this manner forever.

Hope you enjoyed yourself.
    On normal dieting, controlling sodium/salt/sodas/salty snacks, helps you lose weight. The less sodium, the better.
    I lost by reducing salt and fat and increasing water and movement.

Have fun with your healthier body! :drinker: (water)
  • fitbot
    thanx guys. I think that is probably what happened. I was just really happy with good friends and family and running around not eating schedule as per always. and of course I now return to my normal ways. however this is the first time in a while that the scale has actually moved to get rid of that last 5 kg, sooooooo xciteeeed
  • fitbot
    and p.s. looking good GrayJohn!!!!! 119 pounds?? whoaaaaaar
This discussion has been closed.