Indian bread?

Options
i know many of here are not from india..but have you heared about indian bread? (ROTI)

Few people says its not so healthy to eat..but its very much routine food here in india..

Should i eat it daily? and if yes then how much per day

Replies

• Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in your calories I see no problem. Make sure to find out the nutrition as far as calories and go from there.
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    it does get fit in my calories...but its really high in carb lol but again even gets fit in carbs
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,706 Member
    Options
    When I am at an Indian restaurant I usually pick roti or plain rice as my starch. Lower in fat than naan.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    it does get fit in my calories...but its really high in carb lol but again even gets fit in carbs

I'm not on a low carb anything, lol, so if it fits into macros and cals I say go for it! lol
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My buddy makes roti (he's Punjabi) all the time and knowing the ingredients, I really don't see how it's unhealthy. If you're going to be using ghee (sorry on the spelling, not so sure) be sure what the calories are, though - I think that's where it could get out of hand. :P Other than that, enjoy it!
  • sandhusaab16
    Options
    My buddy makes roti (he's Punjabi) all the time and knowing the ingredients, I really don't see how it's unhealthy. If you're going to be using ghee (sorry on the spelling, not so sure) be sure what the calories are, though - I think that's where it could get out of hand. :P Other than that, enjoy it!

No i do not add ghee lol i will go for 4 rotis per day then...2 in the morning and 2 in the lunch
  • ManjeetBhatia
    ManjeetBhatia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert by any means but here's my take.....

Indeed it is a staple Indian food but kinda high in calories and carbs. It can be anywhere from 100 to 150 calories per roti depending on size/weight. To start I would reduce one chapati from each meal and replace it with 100 gms of dal which gives you more protein for similar amount of calories. No ghee/oil/butter on roti would help as well.