Excuses you made before.

Options
13»

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I was sure it was impossible to ever lose.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time, what with the kids, work, and school (total BS, btw)"

"♫I like Big Macs and I cannot lie!♫"

I put on most of my weight after I quit smoking (cold turkey). But after packing on the lbs I ripped the *kitten* out of 38 inch waist pants at work and had to run to the mall to buy 40 inch I knew that the time for excuses was over. When I had to hold my breath while leaning down to tie my shoes, I knew that I had to break up with Ice Beer. When I decided to sleep on the couch because I was "too tired" to climb the staircase to the bedroom, I knew I had to lose at least 45 lbs. When I couldn't use my own parachute rig because they both have a hard limit of 225, I realized I was missing out on life!

I talked to that obese glutton in the mirror and said "Congratulations, tubby! You've quit smoking, but now it's time to get back to fighting weight and shape, or you're going to die."

That was enough. It's eight months later, and I'm down sixty lbs. I haven't been this happy in years.
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    1. I can eat all this because I'll DEFINITELY start tomorrow...
    2. I'm not as big as my friend so I'm fine, (then proceeded to get bigger than overweight friend)
    3. I've walked a lot today so I deserve this (insert oversized cheesy oily pasta meal here) (or a whole tub of ice cream) and It'll all even out...
  • Sknox5150
    Options
    Haha my most recent excuse for not going to the gym was that I had cleaned my room all day. I eventually sucked it up and went to the gym. Had my second best time in my mile run that day too! (I am working on being able to run a mile without stopping or holding on, I have never done it in my entire life. Eventually I want to be able to do it in under 12 minutes)
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    My list of excuses was: i could never give up my fast food and sugar. I hate vegetables, I have a bad metabolism, my family is overweight so that's why I got overweight, I don't have time, I hate feeling hungry, and all those people on TV can afford personal trainers and nutritionists. I could never do it alone.

Well, 50 lbs later, I still eat the same food, exercise 5 days a week, and am I the best shape of my life by myself. Just calorie counting, macro watching and heavy lifting. No more excuses, only personal responsibility.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    It's too cold, too hot, too windy, too dark to go out and walk.

I deserve to sit down and relax and eat after my hard, stressful day.