need some motivation

Options
Hey- Back on the wagon as of today,, had a long powpow with the hubby this weekend and i have to get back on it.. i have gained all my weight i lost over the summer back in about 4 wks.. stress doesnt help and dealing with a funueral and heart surgery for a family member doesnt help either.. just need to find out some way to stick to it.. but dont really know how... :grumble:

PS- i still think this thing needs spell check :huh:

Replies

• Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I don't have any sure fire way, but I have created my own schedule that works for my eating, exercise, and caring for the kids, as well as being on here to track everything. It has helped alot. Also, to hold yourself accountable, try to get some of your friends on here that would be interested, so if they don't see you on here for a while, they can call you on it.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Just work on one thing at a time. Don't try to swallow the whale in one bite. Change one thing. When you've got that mastered, change another. Master that, then add another.

That's how I've been able to do it. :)
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Have your husband help plan meals and exercise for the week. Maybe there is something you can do together that would help motivate you. Daily walk before dinner? Find a workout buddy. You won't want to let them down by not showing up. Register for a course. Just think...you are not going to want to skip something that you paid for...you wouldn't walk into the movie theater, pay for your ticket and then turn around and walk out without seeing the movie.

I find taking the time to plan out what I'm eating and sending someone else to the grocery store so I'm not tempted to buy things I want, but definitely shouldn't have, is a help as well. It's easier to follow a meal plan than to wonder what I'm going to do for dinner tonight and end up ordering out.

Hope this helps. I have lots more ideas if you need them.
  • thomlora
    Options
    it really is a mine set, i have had a pinched nerve for 8 weeks can't wait much, and i have had to make a conscience effort to keep the fact that it could come back and with a vengence. So I started eating salads for dinner (big) and fish twice a week. the fat sure does come back when you stop walking. So get up and get back into it!