MFP Modifications?

Options
Does anyone know of a mod for MFP that will hide the calories?

I've seen some that adjust for net carbs etc for those on a low carb diet. I'm working on mindful/intuitive eating with a dietitian, I still want to track what I'm eating, use the notes section and the printable reports, but I don't want to be distracted by the calorie intake.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Pintado
    Pintado Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bump. I've been thinking the same thing!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I've seen some that adjust for net carbs etc for those on a low carb diet. I'm working on mindful/intuitive eating with a dietitian, I still want to track what I'm eating, use the notes section and the printable reports, but I don't want to be distracted by the calorie intake.

Any suggestions?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Then why bother tracking??

Or just create all your own entries, and put in the numbers you like....
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options

Any suggestions?

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Then why bother tracking??

Or just create all your own entries, and put in the numbers you like....

I think this is a great suggestion.

Manually create all of your own entries and do not put in any calorie value for them. And please do not share them with the general public (keep them private just for you). There are already enough duplicate entries in the MFP database with the wrong data to sift through.
  • Sarahcuda
    Options
    I wish there were an option for net carbs (carb minus fiber) for us low carbers!
    I still try to be mindful of my calories, but have it set at 1500 and I don't worry if I go over... it is those pesky carbs we have to worry about.

And it is much more convents to use MFP's platform than try to recreate the wheel and try to keep track on a separate platform when you have to look up the food information and transfer it!

Good luck :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

don't use MFP?
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I wish there were an option for net carbs (carb minus fiber) for us low carbers!
    I still try to be mindful of my calories, but have it set at 1500 and I don't worry if I go over... it is those pesky carbs we have to worry about.

And it is much more convents to use MFP's platform than try to recreate the wheel and try to keep track on a separate platform when you have to look up the food information and transfer it!

I find many foods have a (net carb) at the end of them. So I would assume that means somebody has put in the net carbs instead of exactly from the label. You could do much the same thing. Just don't share them with the MFP database. There are way to many duplicates as it is.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

I don't worry about carbs.
    I eat them all.

There are net carb entries which are freaking annoying.

Do some math.
    Mental exercise.
  • SelkathNuggets
    SelkathNuggets Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Perhaps record everything you eat somewhere that's not here, in detail. And then once weekly input all of the data to MFP at once, without looking at it too much. That way you'll have all the data, but not be influenced by it (hopefully).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP: unfortunately, no, there isn't. I know a few folks who use the blog function to track their foods minus the calories.
    I know the SB app allows you to disable calories. Perhaps there's a good carb counting app? I've never looked.

Good luck!
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options

When I asked in the help section about seeing macro percentages (numbers and/or pie chart like in the app), someone posted this link: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124645

It's a Greasemonkey script for Firefox. It modifies your diary page to show the percentages as both numbers and pie chart, and ALSO shows a column for net carbs.

eta @OP: If you have the skilz you could probably modify it to not show the calories column, don't know.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Good concept