A Liquid Diet? Anyone??

Options
Has anyone ever tried a liquid diet to jump start their weight loss? I have seriously been contemplating doing this in order to get some pounds off quickly. I would, of course, take a supplement everyday but drink a few shakes and eat a sensible dinner. I think my being stalled at 198 for about a month is ridiculous. If you've ever tried a liquid diet, did you lose and if you did, after eating regular balanced meals again, did the weight come back?

I can recall a time in college when I was 145, and I felt fat back then (go figure) so I went on a progresso soup diet (thats when progresso first came out). I remember getting down to 130 in 2 weeks and the weight stayed off for about 2 years, and then it came back...except now Ive had kids and stuff so thats how I got up to 225 (my biggest) but I am now sitting at 198 for the past month

Do you think a liquid diet is a reasonable option. Serious answers only and I know the side effects of a liquid diet, I am a licensed Pharmacist and fully aware of the human anatomy. I just want some personal experiences

Replies

• precioustypeoflove
    Options
    I THOUGHT ABOUT DOING IT BUT ITS JUST NOT HEALTHY FOR UR BODY DONT DO IT JUST TRY TO KICK UP UR EXERCISE ARE SOMETHING
  • ffiffit
    Options
    Hi, I have been on slimfast for the last 5 weeks and have lost 10lbs. I'm taking 2 shakes, 3 snacks and balanced dinner. I'm finding it really easy at the moment. I was on slimfast 10 years ago and lost a stone and a half and kept it off until 3 kids later I weighed 160lbs so knew I needed to do something.

Once I hit my target of 140lbs I'll be back to eating healthy regular meals - short term I don't see the problem with liquid diets.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    After looking at your food diary, I think if you cut down on some carbs and ate vegetables, it would help you. I didn't see any veggies in the past 3 days except for iceberg lettuce. Iceberg has no really good nutrients and I don't see any other veggies. It looks like you must be starving all the time. Why don't you change up your food choices and your exercise? I think you would have better results without having a liquid only diet.
  • decemberg
    Options
    Diets don't work..you need a lifestyle change. That is why people are unsuccessful when they reach their goal weight and stop "dieting". Doing a liquid diet will possibly give you instant results but in the long run it will not help keep the weight off.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i have done a vegetable/ fruit juice (only fresh juice) fast before (4 days) and lost several pounds and i felt great while doing it. i continued to seriously diet and eat healthy after the fast and a few pounds came back but i continued to loose.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the slimfast 3-2-1 plan too, inconjuntion with counting my snack and meal calories on MFP, its worked really well for me so far.