30lbs!

Is it feasible to lose 30 pounds by May/June? Thanks!

Replies

• shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Start of June would be about 2 pounds per week I think, so it is probably feasible. If not, you can certainly get most of the way there.
  • My end of June will give you plenty of time to lose.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Your ticker shows you only have 20 pounds to lose. The less weight you have to lose, the smaller your deficit should be.

I would aim for 0.5-1 pound a week. So about 16 pounds by June 1?
    For reference, my goal is 10 pounds by June 15.
  • Depends on how much you're overweight. If you're only needing to lose 30lbs, it'll go slower than if you need to lose 80-90lbs. Workout like you'll meet that goal and if you don't, you're better off than when you started ;)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    It depends on how much you have to lose overall. If it's only 30 lbs, it's realistic to expect a 1 lb per week loss that will eventually move to a 1/2 lb per week loss as you get closer to your goal. You're not going to just lose 2 lbs per week and hit your goal, because weight loss is neither linear nor constant. You'll have weeks that are slower and possibly plateaus as well. Nothing wrong with aiming for May/June if it keeps you motivated, and you'll definitely have weight loss by then to be proud of, but it may not be 30 lbs. I have the same calendar goal in mind for my weight loss as a motivator, but in order to do this the right way I'm looking at July/August as a realistic timeframe for the same amount of weight. I'm ok with that.