The Scale: Every Day or Once a Week?

Options
13»

Replies

• KPMP1992
    Options
    Once a week. There are too many variables day to day...maybe I had too much salt on Sunday and the scale shows a 1 lb. "gain" on Monday, for example.
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, first thing in the a.m., after I pee.

I really don't think weekly weighing is a good idea, because it can get you down if you end up weighing in at the wrong points (a dip for one week and a peak for the next.) By doing it every day, you can see the overall trend (and be reassured with your "gain" when you see that you similarly "gained" a few times in the last month, only to lose the gain plus some more.)

There was one 7- or 10-day spell where I had lost 3.5 lbs, but there was actually a pair of points on either side a week apart that would have showed me gaining 1 lb. It would have been pretty dismal had those been my only reference points.
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time. But I don't let it influence my weight loss at all. If you want to do an interesting experiment. Weigh yourself, go drink a 16 oz glass of water and weigh again. It really does change. I just am always curious about my weight. I cant help it.
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Every Wednesday at 5am. Working good for me.