Need help putting meals together...

Options
Ambernstevo
Ambernstevo Posts: 4 Member
I'm very new to this. I went and bought lots of groceries, ground turkey/ chicken/ veggies/ fruit/ eggs/ low cal bread/ low cal snacks, but I'm having a hard time putting it together to make whole meals that are filling. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• lymony
    lymony Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, well to start with I'd advise planning meals before you go shopping, becuase know what your going to eat beforehand is v. helpful and can help save you money!
    Turkey mince is always good as you can make meatballs, burgers, spag bol, anything you would normally make with beef mince and take a load of calories and a hell of a lot of fat out of.
    One of my personal favourites is ratatoutille because you use LOADS of veggies which fill you up, and i usually add some chopped up sausage to the mix and serve with a few new potatoes to make it a meal,
    Another good meal is a vegetable frittata, cuase you can basicaly cook up whatever needs using and then whack some eggs on top for a nutritious feast!

Haha i just read all that back and it sounds like I know what I'm talking about but I don't really! My adcise only comes from cooking for three people every day (and I'm the only one actually on a diet) and trying to serve up healthy and tasty meals!
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    On your diary sheet are a set of macros which usually (unless you customize it):

Protein
    Carbohydrates
    Fats

Plan what you think would be a healthy meal with all three of those components and enter in the information. It will tell you how many of each of those macros you used and you will then know how much of those you can have for the rest of the day. It sounds complicated but it's not.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Start with a vegetable salad. Two cups. I barely dip my lettuce into dressing on the side. This helps fill you up before you start to eat the higher caloric foods. Then meat, maybe another side of cooked vegetables, and if you wanted a little pasta, potato or bread. Leave the fruit for desserts or snacks.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    I find planning meals a great help, not that I cook much as I still live with my parents.
    Made a meal plan for this week as staying at OH's while his parents went away and its really helped :)
    I make sure whatever I cook is 80%veg and 20%meat.

Hope this is some help