help a brother out. joplin mo

Options
My current weight is 175. As you can tell from my photos I have a little belly. (I use to weigh 200) now I need some advice on food wise and workout wise. Im starting AM and PM workouts. My morning will be running and evening would be weights and abs. I currently have been eating chicken tenderloin or fish with mixed veggies. I also just started taking a protein called carniovour. Is there anybody who can give me advice on how to help me get a pack going on and losing the bottom of my belly fat? Any advice would be great thank you

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would add some fat to your diet and consolidate your workouts. You don't need 2 a days every day. Weights will be better at 3 or 4 times a week depending on the split you choose- if you're just starting I would recommend 3x a week full body but you could also do a 4 day split if you prefer to spend more days in the gym. Running can be up to 5x a week but I wouldn't recommend that much if you're just starting to run. Assuming you're new to running I would suggest 3x a week using a program like c25k.

More is not always better. In fact, it's often worse.

Whole post is assuming you're just starting all of these things- if you've been training previously at either or both please post what your prior training has been and I will amend my response.
  • brettlywatson
    Options
    Ive been running for about a month now just ise to be a mile now im picking it up to 2 miles everyday. I just need a routine I dont really have one ibjust started to do weights about a week ago anf I do some ab worksout itsbhard for some reason for this lower belly fat to get rid of
  • brettlywatson
    Options
    Also should I take my protein shake before or after a workout or before I sleep or do more than one protein shake a day?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would suggest checking out the Stronglifts website and get started with SL 5x5. You can do the ab workouts if you want but they won't do anything to burn ab fat. There's no such thing as spot reduction. Hitting large muscle groups and hitting them hard is much more effective for fat loss- and compound lifts work your abs anyway So what I'm saying is deadlifting and squatting and bench pressing will get rid of the belly fat much quicker than eleventy million crunches.

It doesn't matter when you take the protein. Experiment with it and see when it makes you feel the best.
  • brettlywatson
    Options
    Okay thanks a bunch for all the info!