No time for breakfast - Instant Oatmeal or Greek Yogurt

First post so forgiveness if this isn't the proper place to ask this question.

So in the mornings I have almost no time for breakfast so I need something quick. I've gone back and forth between quaker oats lower sugar instant oatmeal and Wegmans 0 or 2% fat greek yogurts over the last few months. Looking to lose weight and to me the greek yogurt would be the better option b/c of higher protein, but the taste is just awful first thing in the morning. Also thinking that the oats add fat but not sure on that.

Any other ideas out there for a breakfast that I can grab and go in under 5 minutes?

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Granola bars or hard boiled eggs done the previous night. You can also try to make your own trail mix and put them in little baggies the previous night (or just buy them at trader joe's - they sell them in little plastic bags for you and it's good!).

Jerky is another option.

But if you're deciding between oatmeal or yogurt I'd pick yogurt, A.) because it'll be quicker since it's "already made" B.) I love yogurt
    Maybe try different yogurt brands or flavors? Ones with fruit mixed in them?
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Wegmans does a lot of things well, but I'm not a fan of their Greek yogurt. Maybe try another brand? You could also do a little advance prep and make some bags of yogurt mix-ins like nuts, flax seeds, and dried fruit to make it a more substantial breakfast.

My go-to quick breakfast is an egg sandwich. I put bread the toaster, then fry an egg flat and melt a piece of cheese over it. It's ready by the time the toast pops. If I'm really in a hurry, I'll wrap it in foil to take with me to work. I also make sandwiches out of toasted waffles, peanut butter, and banana. Those travel well, too.
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Mix stevia with your greek yogurt, or try Kefir! Protein shakes are quick and easy too.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    eat the one that you find most tasty, keeps you full and sets you up well to hit your macro targets for the rest of the day.
  • afbigg
    afbigg Posts: 33 Member
    I think either would be good for you. I would think that eating only one thing everyday would get old/boring, so maybe switch between the two? I drink carnation breakfast essentials on days that I have class because it's quick and easy. I have heard/read a few bad things about it, but they do make sugar free bfast essentials and they keep me full and satisfied until lunch. Just a thought:)
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    you could just skip breakfast. look into intermittent fasting and maybe shifting your eating window will fit better with your schedule?