Healthy treats for me and the family needed

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
I am looking for some heathy tasty treats for me and my family. I mostly cook healthy meals, but I really miss baking treats.

I just discovered the banana oatmeal cookie recipe floating around here, and the protein peanut butter balls, and I would love some more!

Can anyone help?

Replies

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Google Chocolatecoveredkatie. It's a blog filled with mostly vegan treats and baked goods and they're usually much healthier. I love giving her stuff a try. It does require access to alternative flours and other stuff that is typical of cooking vegan, but they're sooo yummy.
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Orange Pumpkin Muffins
    Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:

• 2 large, very ripe bananas
    • ½ cup orange juice plus zest of one orange
    • 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
    • ½ cup date paste (recipe follows)
    • 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
    • 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
    • 1 tablespoon Alcohol-free Vanilla
    • 1 cup unsweetened of fruit juice sweetened dried cranberries
    • 3 cups gluten free oats
    • ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
    • ½ teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process bananas and OJ until smooth. Add pumpkin, date paste, extract, zest, flax seeds and spice and continue processing until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the oats and dried cranberries. Spoon an equal amount of batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners or silicone baking cups. You need to fill each muffin liner with about ½ cup of batter as these do not rise. A retractable ice cream scoop works well. In a separate bowl, mix the nuts and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly into each of the 12 muffin liners. A cheese grater or nut grinder works well for grinding the nuts. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Date Paste

Make sure you always have some on hand to create a healthy dessert in no time.

Ingredients:

• One pound of pitted dates
    • One cup of liquid (water, unsweetened non-dairy milk, unsweetened juice)

Instructions:

Soak dates in liquid overnight or for several hours until much of the liquid is absorbed. In food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process dates and liquid until completely smooth. Store date paste in the refrigerator.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Individual brownie mugs
    3 TBS flour( you can use almond flour if desired)
    2 TBS cocoa
    1 TBS sugar ( you can use stevia or coconut sugar)
    pinch salt
    3 TBS milk ( milk, almond milk)
    1 TBS coconut oil melted

Mix well, place in ramekin or mug. Microwave starting at 45 seconds, keep cooking and checking until done. It is a soft super chocalty rich brownie like yummy cakey brownie. I sometimes melt a few chocolat chips on top for frosting. It is like a lava cake.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try those chocolate mugs!!
  • pamcotney
    pamcotney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites
    1/2 cup quick oats
    1or2 Stevia packets
    Dash of cinnamon
    1 scoop of protien powder or 1 teaspoon of cocoa