has anyone tried Ruthless dvd set by Weider?

Options
I discovered this set of workout dvds the other day at Walmart and I can't find many reviews anywhere. Anybody here tried them? Any good?

Replies

• DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • Blupyxie
    Blupyxie Posts: 1
    Options
    Did you get it? I bought it today and can't find any reviews either. Guess I will come back and post when I've tried it.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    I never got it due to having to have knee surgery but I might after I'm recovered
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I was going to do T25 then I discovered Ruthless. What made me choose Ruthless is that there is more videos and I like variety and it's much cheaper so I'm starting it tomorrow...
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Please let me know how you like it Isabelle...I'm holding off for now due to my knee injury but I think I'll give it a try once I've recovered.
  • Rod_M
    Rod_M Posts: 4
    Options
    I am just finishing up week 3 and really enjoy it. I have recently finished T25 and P90X3 and feel it works my core more. I would compare the intensity to something similar to T25. It doesn't have the production quality of other programs, but overall it's a great program at a great price.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Great Rod_M, thank you! I'm not concerned at all about production quality, just workout quality. Is there a lot of jumpinging? Does it require any equipment? As soon as this knee is healed, I'm going for it
  • Rod_M
    Options
    One great plus.... no extra equipment needed!!!! There are a few jumping moves, but I modify trying to keep the movements as close to the actual exercise as possible. I am cautious to protect my knees since I have had a previous surgery. You still get a very good workout in 20 minutes....
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    The first thing that made me go for ruthless instead of T25 was the variety. 20 differents workouts. Second was something I read about ruthless being less harsh on the knees. But it's just something I read, I haven't done T25. There is jumping in Ruthless as Rod_M says.

I finished day 15 and I haven't done the same workout two times and I really appreciate that.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to say, I laugh a lot. This guy is hilarious !!
  • meandyou1124
    meandyou1124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about getting this workout set.....is it only cardio?? or are weights incorporated???
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    It's all bodyweight exercises. You do not need dumbbells. I don't know your level of fitness but I definitely got stronger doing it. I wouldn't say it's only cardio, My muscles were most often giving up before my "cardio" did. It's a tough workout but I really enjoyed it!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Gonna check this out
  • Rod_M
    Options
    For the money.... You can't beat this program. I just finished up my first round and got good results. The only thing I found Ruthless lacking in was cardio. I just started a doubles program combining my 2nd round of Ruthless with T25. .. I just finished week 1 and really feeling it.....
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Here are the results I got from 30 DAYS doing Ruthless (the program is actually 60 days):

Weight: 6 lbs down
    Neck: 1" down
    Chest: 0.5 " down
    Waist: 1" down
    Hips: 1" down
    Thighs: 1" down
    Arms: No change

I wasn't surprise about the arms since it is my "trouble zone".

Keep in mind that I started about 30 lbs overweight, I'm 5'6", strong built and I wasn't totally out of shape but about only 2 months into "getting fit" process. It improved a lot my core strength, I got much better at push ups, jumping, squats... well pretty much everything that uses body weight.

If you are familiar with P90X3 "Warrior" workout, well, I find it's pretty similar to what's going on in Ruthless.
  • AmberCHP
    AmberCHP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got this today and am excited to try it out! I'll report back in a couple weeks. I've done them all from the P90X series to TapouT to Rushfit to Insanity/T25 to Jillian Michaels and Zuka Light...
    I'm excited about the 20 minute part, it should be just what I need for an extra boost to my schedule (currently doing two Kettlebell classes and one yoga per week)
    I'm worried about the seemly lack of warm-up/ cool-down... did you guys just do your own or skip it altogether?
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    First I've heard of this. I"m currently doing T25 Gamma. I'd be interested in seeing the results for people. Definitely keeping an eye on this thread Does it have a schedule you can follow that comes with it?

200.gif
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    when i heard 'weider' i would have guessed most would have said 'over produced junk' but thats not what i'm hearing. also would have expected them to push a lot of equipment and/or suppliments

sounds interesting, might check it out.

more/less demanding then insanity?
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I just got it to supplement my t25. Did the first workout and was less intense then the gamma phase I'm using. Did get a decent burn though
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just got it to supplement my t25. Did the first workout and was less intense then the gamma phase I'm using. Did get a decent burn though

Just picked it up and have decided to do the same as you... I'm just two weeks into Beta. Did the first Ruthless workout this morning (after Upper Focus). It's only the first workout, but I love it's simplicity. A bit of old fashioned pushing and pulling.