What's your one tip for maintainig?

Options
I am almost half way to my goal (although I may opt to lose another 5 lbs when I get there, depending on how I feel), but I find myself worrying about gaining it back afterwards. I'm doing this the right way, as a lifestyle change, but I honestly don't want to have to log calories for the rest of my life.

Do you still log while trying to maintain?
If you could give one tip to maintain, what would it be?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Never stop exercising
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Agree with pp, because when you're always active you'll automatically want to continue eating well.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Set performance related goals and continue to work towards them always.

ETA: I continued logging religiously for about 3 or 4 months in to maintenance. After that time, I tested the waters with continuing to eat the same, but not logging. Now I log periodically, as a check-up. I have found that over time my hunger signals started aligning with how many calories I need, so I rarely over or undereat- but often my macros will get out of whack. I return to logging for a few weeks whenever my macros get wonky.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Never stop getting better and stronger.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ^^^^Where is the like button!
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Stay active...watch your portion size and enjoy yourself.
  • girlpaint
    girlpaint Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Keep logging food daily and measuring/weighing twice a month. Those gauges are so important and key to maintaining, for me anyway.

consistent workouts

I stopped and started slipping. First it was just one thing, then another. I actually was able to keep all the weight off, even with the every so often "cheat" meal. But life got busy and I stopped working out - and then I gained some of it back.

I think if you eat well and continue to work out, you won't need to log. I was able to keep the weight off without logging for quite some time, but once I stopped the regular workouts, it all went downhill - not tons: I gained back 10 lbs, 15 from my lowest, but I didn't think I could hold that weight.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Stay active and exercise. I keep setting lower weight goals for myself only because it will help me become faster now that I've taken up endurance sports. The food thing I can do in my head but I still log daily to verify.
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, those are some great tips! I like the idea of slowly "weaning" myself off logging, but continuing to log a couple times per month. I can do that. I also plan on continuing to workout.

Thanks again!