Weight lifting

Options
Today i am going to start weight lifting exercises without an trainer..

I need help with the exercises..i know some of them

chest
biceps
triceps
Legs

i only know the names though..not sure how to do them lol so i will check google later on

right now can someone tell me if there are more exercises i shud do for weight lifting? i will add them and google too to discover how to do them...Thanks :)

Replies

• sandhusaab16
    Options
    Thanks i also found http://www.bodybuilding.com/

very useful ...so anyone else whos looking for same should try these two links
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You listed parts of anatomy, not components of an exercise routine. Read one of the New Rules of Lifting books and go from there
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Sat Sri Akal :)

Are you doing a program? You should try not to work the same muscles everyday, they need rest. Also, do you have access to a gym?

You could do biceps and back 1x week,
    Chest, triceps and shoulders 1x, legs 1x, abs 1x, and pick one of them to do 2x. Or you could just do a upper/lower body split with 1-2 rest days.

Bench press
    Deltoid flys
    Preacher curls
    Bicep curls
    Squats
    Deadlifts

^ those are probably some of the basics. You can change them up by doing them with dumbbells or on an incline :)
  • sandhusaab16
    Options

Are you doing a program? You should try not to work the same muscles everyday, they need rest. Also, do you have access to a gym?

Chest, triceps and shoulders 1x, legs 1x, abs 1x, and pick one of them to do 2x. Or you could just do a upper/lower body split with 1-2 rest days.

Bench press
    Deltoid flys
    Preacher curls
    Bicep curls
    Squats
    Deadlifts

^ those are probably some of the basics. You can change them up by doing them with dumbbells or on an incline :)

Sat sri akal glad you knew about my community lol

yes i have acess to the gym I am just going to start today...i will start with

Chest on Monday
    biceps on tuesday
    triceps on wed
    Shoulders with abs thursday
    Legs on friday
    front and back on saturday?

how does it sounds?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Bench press
    Deltoid flys
    Preacher curls
    Bicep curls
    Squats
    Deadlifts

Sat sri akal glad you knew about my community lol

yes i have acess to the gym I am just going to start today...i will start with

Chest on Monday
    biceps on tuesday
    triceps on wed
    Shoulders with abs thursday
    Legs on friday
    front and back on saturday?

how does it sounds?

sounds like you still aren't listening.

And don't do chest on monday- newb mistake- everyone does it- you'll be fighting for equipment ALL day long.

Look up
    Starting strength
    Strong lifts
    New rules of Lifting

Seriously.
    when I said I did chest today- anyone I'm with will know that this mean (most likely)
    Bench
    DB Fly
    push up variation A
    push up Variation B
    Decline Cable Press/fly
    Cable Fly
    Incline Cable Fly

saying "chest" just means you are working that area- not the exercises you are doing.

Also- doing Biceps on one day and triceps on another day is not really efficient.

Your lower body makes up - what 70% of your body- it needs more than one day of attention.

Focus on compound lifts for now- it's more bang for your buck- there are plenty of programs available- plenty of form tutorials on line- and it's hard to go wrong with the gains you will see.

Add in isolation work later- that's for detail work and not relevant to you right now.