Slipping :(

Options
Hey all,

I've had a lot of success on here, I lost a stone in a month. However recently, probably due to the small success I've had I find myself slipping and eating rubbish more frequently. Is there anything you guys do to maintain focus once you've seen a bit of success? I really don't want to go back to eating the way I did but it's kind of creeping on me lol

Also, I went out drinking for the first time since starting my diet and spent 5000Kcal on alcohol! WTF?! WHo knew it was THAT bad for you?! 4 Jagerbombs is almost 1000Kcal by itself!

Regards,
Matt

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Your success thus far should be your motivation to keep going with it. That's how I see it for myself.
    Good luck!
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time.
  • Niklet21
    Niklet21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Motivation varies, happens to everyone.

Remember you don't have to FEEL motivated to do the right thing for yourself. You get to choose what to do, whether you're 'feeling it" or not.

What is going on in your life? If you are feeling some kind of stress, find another way to relieve the stress... take a half day or even an hour to do something exciting or relaxing. You may be used to 'rewarding yourself" for your stress with food. Find another way to make yourself happy, it will become a new habit. For some people it's giving themselves permission to block the world out and read a good book with a nice cup of tea, for others it's skydiving. Tune into your happiness.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If this is a long term lifestyle change then such epsiodes will be what the rest of your life is like - moderation peppered with social stuff - it's fine and not to be picked apart after the event.

That said, each time it happens, you'll probably learn a little something more and make slightly different choices next time. I often find that things I was looking forward to or ate too much of weren't worth it and didn't taste as good as I remembered - that shapes how you do it in the future quite a lot!

On on and softly softly catchee monkey, it's not a race unless you plan on heading back the way you came...... :o)
  • brad81684
    Options
    One day at a time. Win the battle daily and you can't be denied results.