Protein Overage

Options
What does it mean if I go over on my protein goals? I seem to be doing it often, because I eat a lot of cottage cheese and tuna, I suppose. My calories are completely in check. So is this a bad thing?

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Options
    Those are just guidelines, If I go over anything it is protein, and I need to to keep me sustained when I eat 1200 cals. You can actually go into your settings and manipulate the amounts. I reduced my sodium to 1800 mg as 2500 was way too much, and I never paid attention, now I pay attention when I go over sodium.

I also added fiber as I think it is important to watch. It also keeps me feeling full. Listen to your body about how it feels, that is the key, and do the research on carbs, protein, sodium, even glucose index is helpful. It helps you make choices that are more sustaining, actually nourish the body (a point we often miss in this process) and a lifestyle we can manage which is not a constant hardship. I just read online and started picking up books like "In Defense of Food" which wil blow your mind about how you eat. When you can shift to what nourishes you, and find that is can be filling and super yummy, this process becomes a pleasure... not hard.

It takes a bit of time,but so worth it in the end! Good luck!:flowerforyou: